Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Questions for Hasbro on TF design?

Post by Onslaught Six »

They answered that, actually, a few days before Botcon. They're going to start offering preorders of individual toys through Diamond. So!
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Onslaught Six wrote:They answered that, actually, a few days before Botcon. They're going to start offering preorders of individual toys through Diamond. So!
If I can get the same price as I could in a store with free shipping, I'd be all over that. These days I almost always pre-order my video games if I'm looking forward to them.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I saw that posted on TFW. Although I didn't see it until after I'd submitted the question. But yeah, this is something I was very happy about.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Almighty Unicron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:They answered that, actually, a few days before Botcon. They're going to start offering preorders of individual toys through Diamond. So!
If I can get the same price as I could in a store with free shipping, I'd be all over that. These days I almost always pre-order my video games if I'm looking forward to them.
In 1993, I ordered Generations 2 huge green tank Megatron from a comic book store through that big diamond book. I paid in advance but the comic book store owner was a ruthless,creep,thief. He tried to steal my money but not give me my toy. I had to ask my older brother to talk to this guy in order to get my money back.

Unless Diamond creates a site and offers toys ordering online. I'd be very wary of trusting most comic book stores owners with ordering items for singular buyers using that big diamond book.

It's doubtful Diamond will have lower TF toys prices than Walmart.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Tigermegatron wrote:
Almighty Unicron wrote:
In 1993, I ordered Generations 2 huge green tank Megatron from a comic book store through that big diamond book. I paid in advance but the comic book store owner was a ruthless,creep,thief. He tried to steal my money but not give me my toy. I had to ask my older brother to talk to this guy in order to get my money back.

Unless Diamond creates a site and offers toys ordering online. I'd be very wary of trusting most comic book stores owners with ordering items for singular buyers using that big diamond book.

It's doubtful Diamond will have lower TF toys prices than Walmart.
There aren't any walmarts here in New York so that's not really a problem for me. Heck, I'd be willing to pay a dollar or two premium for a guarantee I'd get my figure by a certain date.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Something I hadn't thought of, but Botcon was a very busy time for the Hasbro gang, their booth was under near-constant barrage every time I was near there. I had a few brief conversations but it never led to any questions. I will endeavor to rectify that at SDCC when they will be back to being a small fish in a big pond. ;)
Shockwave wrote:
JediTricks wrote:Any more questions? I'm going to Botcon and going to try to get in something, but no guarantees.
About the only thing I could think about distribution.

"I understand that retailers have distribution centers that determine where product goes when it gets shipped out to stores. Unfortunately, this results in spotty distribution. A toy can wind up in quantities that will shelf warm in one area while being never even seen in other areas. Does Hasbro look at other different ways to get product to consumers in some of the lesser distributed areas?"

That's about the best way I can think to phrase that. If it's too much don't worry about it.
They have regional store reps who are supposed to be up on this, they go through stores and straighten up the Hasbro sections, help adjust stock back to the distribution center, this is a program they've had for a long time actually, but since the company restructuring it seems like the reps have gotten much worse around here anyway, just housewives taking part-time jobs with little understanding of the brands they're working with, and I see them focusing a lot more time on the brands they know - which is generally in the Girls Toys area (not trying to be sexist, but I've met 1 male store rep in the decades I've spent in this hobby).
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Hm. That sounds like the demo that does mystery shopping- a job I started doing in college (though mostly in restaurants and hotels). I wonder how you get involved doing that for Hasbro, straighten out the TF aisle.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Hm. That sounds like the demo that does mystery shopping- a job I started doing in college (though mostly in restaurants and hotels). I wonder how you get involved doing that for Hasbro, straighten out the TF aisle.
Yeah, pretty much the same thing. I dunno how you get the job, but based on the characters I've met, I'd assume it's the same.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

I've done some mystery shopping for Diamond, since there are a few comic shops within walking distance of me. They have me go in on tuesdays and try to buy Wednesday's comic and also check to see if the store is clean 'n' stuff. I usually get paid like $15 and get to keep any comics they let me buy.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Question for Hasbro:

WTF is up with these shitty instructions lately? Not including both transformations, not including the packaged mode transformation, having a ton of errors. WHAT THE FRENCH, TOAST?!?