Who do you want the TF4 main villian to be?

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I'd be happy with either Overlord or Galvatron.

If the TF4 main villian is Overlord. Then I kinda want him to look as much like his 1988 Takara Masterforce Overlord Toy/media version. Yes,I want & need the Duo-Con styled gimmick. I want to see a Voyager sized jet & A voyager sized tank combine to form a leader sized Super robot mode. I DON'T NEED THE NEBULAN POWERMASTERS NOR DO I NEED THE CITY MODE.

If the TF4 main villian is Galvatron,Then I kinda want it to look as much like 1986 G-1 Galvatron's toy/media version as possible. I suppose I wouldn't mind hasbro giving TF4 Galvatron a realistic army styled tank mode but the robot mode must resemble 1986 galvatron's toy/media version as close as possible. I HONESTLY DON'T WANT THE RADICAL UPDATES THAT MEGATRON,SHOCKWAVE & SOUNDWAVE RECEIVED IN THE TF LIVE ACTION MOVIES. I NEED TF4 GALVATRON TO HAVE A FACE SCULPT & BODY PARTS/LIMBS THAT LOOK AS CLOSE TO 1986 GALVATRON'S TOY/MEDIA VERSION AS POSSIBLE. Maybe hasbro/takara can color the tank turrent Burnt Orange & have it pop off/on & peg on to TF4 Galvatron's robot arm.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Who do you want the TF4 main villian to be?

Post by Sparky Prime »

I wouldn't mind seeing Galvatron turn up as a new leader for the Decepticons, as the somewhat traditional upgrade or replacement for Megatron. Probably the most likely choice as well since they probably will go with a character that's more widely known to audiences. Have to say I wouldn't mind seeing a lesser known character get the spotlight personally. Someone like Straxus for example.

And there is no way they'd make a character for the live action movies look like the original cartoon version of the character. Anything they do for the movies is going to be a radical new design.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You know what? Can we just make this a general speculation/wish thread?

A big thing about the villain of the film is that his (relatively simplistic, I'm sure) motivations 'could' possibly dictate who he is--in other words, Bay has an idea for a villain who Wants This Thing, or Does This Particular Thing, and asks Hasbro if there are any notable Decepticons who have already done this that he can use. (If I'm not wrong, ROTF's use of The Fallen basically came from Bay asking if there was anybody more evil than Megatron.) Alternatively, Bay could come up with whatever plot he wanted, and then just ask Hasbro for a list of important Decepticons, and pick the one that looks/sounds the coolest, regardless of their established backstory or motivations.
Possible villains (off the top of my head):

Galvatron: Either as a Megatron revival/upgrade or as an entirely new character, this is probably the most likely character choice. The only person who could possibly stop this is Hasbro, and that's pretty unlikely as well. I would definitely like it if he were...less Movie Megatron-influenced, though. I've grown to love (or tolerate? not sure which...) the movie universe designs over the last 6 years (HOLY SHIT) and I'm not saying that he should look radically different from those--but looking radically different from Megatron is, I think, essential.
Another cool possible element to kind of "have your cake and eat it too" regarding Megatron being or not being Galvatron is to have Galvatron come back in time from an alternate future where Megatron won in a previous film and evolved into Galvatron (perhaps by some MacGuffin, previously used or not). So he wouldn't be "our" Megatron, but he would be some alternate universe version of him, so we wouldn't have to have yet another resurrection of Megatron. (Why is he coming back to the past? I dunno. Maybe in the alternate universe, after conquering the Autobots, he discovers a Macguffiny power source that turned him into Galvatron and also allows him to timetravel or go to different realities, and is using that ability to capture and/or destroy all alternate versions of the Macguffin--maybe to prevent alternate reality Optimus Primes from getting it, or maybe it's addictive and he needs more of it. Alternatively, maybe he's going to alternate histories/universes simply because he has already conquered his own, and is looking for more challenges.)

Skywarp and/or Thundercracker: Neither has officially shown up in the actual movies yet, and would give Bay/ILM an excuse to reuse the character model (and Hasbro to reuse any toys), with a few changes/upgrades. (A new head would be a great way to improve on the design as well as make it clear that this is a new, different character than Starscream.) They could pick either one and make him a genericy Leader Of The Decepticons type (which is likely to happen with anybody) or they could make them 'both' leaders and have them sharing the role. The only stick in the mud for this is if Bay goes to Hasbro with the idea, they could shoot it down due to already having produced so many repaints/remoulds in the last few toylines, and the characters showed up in the comics. But they didn't seem to care with some other characters (Arcee, Jolt, etc.) so they'd probably just go "Alright, Mr. Bay, whatever you say!"
Even if they aren't the leaders, they could be very notable setpiece villains or important characters. Future Galvatron could even bring Thundercracker with him, describing him as a warrior who killed the Starscream of his universe.

Shockwave: Of all the Big Bad Decepticons, he's the one most wasted, and his death was also the least convincing. They could probably bring him back.

Overlord: Is more likely than you might think; he's received an awful lot of attention from the fringe areas of the franchise lately, and being the main(ish) villain of Masterforce could provide him with some leverage on Hasbro's end. He could easily be an "estranged" Decepticon who left the faction for personal or political reasons. Or he could be an "ex-Decepticon" who was kicked out by Megatron for being too crazy/dangerous. He could even have his own personal army of other Crazy Psychos, quickly giving us a bunch of new Decepticons we haven't seen before in the movies. (They could even be Pretenders, or European exclusive dudes!)

Predaking: Given Beast Hunters, and the way DOTM ends, it's not unlikely that the Autobots won't be fighting Decepticons in the new movie at all. Predaking could show up and, with a story not dissimilar to the one I gave Overlord up there, have a small army of dragon or beast Predacons with him. His motivations could be, well, anything.

Quintessons: It's unlikely, given everything they've already explained, but it's possible that Bay could decide that the Thirteen were created by a race of five-faced tentacle monsters from space, who have arrived on Earth to destroy the last of their creations who once rebelled. Hasbro would probably squash this down by saying, "No, Primus created Transformers, period," but Bay would probably be able to weasel his way into it if he really cared about the idea.

A new character: I mean a literally new character, with a whole new name (prefebly a really cool one) and personality and motivation--or at least as much as you can expect that with a Bay movie. The Movie universe has had some degree of success with creating characters who have (or SHOULD) cross over to other continuities--Barricade is a fan favourite, Blackout appeared in Animated--but most of the time it's a minor character. Creating a whole new dude would be super cool.
Given that Bay says he wants to "expand the scope" of the film, I really like the idea of having a guy who comes from an alternate Transformers universe or timeline. Normally you'll hear me immediately bitching that these kind of elements are Really Stupid, and that's because a lot of the time they're executed stupidly--especially in comic books. Film tends to do it a little bit better, and I feel like doing it here would be a great, cool idea--especially if the Autobots end up travelling to this alternate future/universe. (Notice that I specifically say future--I think any plot element where the TFs have to go to the past of their own universe, and adopt "old-school" altmodes to blend in, is a recipe for disaster and failure.)

In addition, though: These movies are pretty formulaic, and the Decepticon leader isn't always the big focus. Characters like Scorponok, The Fallen, Devastator, Sentinel Prime and "The Driller" are all huge elements of the movies even if they can't immediately be called the main villain. (Okay, you can probably say The Fallen is.) I think there's a lot of ideas and characters who haven't yet been used in the TF universe who could just appear as major setpieces or obstacles, or be "summoned," "freed," or even created by the main villain as a plot device. For example:

Trypticon: The main villain's spaceship (which he and his crew of never-before-seen Decepticons arrive in) has the ability to turn into an enormous superweapon capable of destroying worlds (or siphoning energy, or harvesting Transformers' sparks, or whatever they want it to do), but needs the Macguffin Resource to do it. He spends the movie getting enough of this unobtanium to power up the spaceship, which promptly turns into a giant fucking dinosaur laser monster.

Predaking: Still going with Beast Hunters' "giant ass dragon" approach, but he's not the leader of his own faction or anything. MeGalvatron just "summons" him or "frees" him from his intergalactic prison, or whatever.

Bruticus: FOC was a video game, and you can't tell me that didn't reach a bunch of people. The ensuing chaos over the toy release has surely told Hasbro at least one thing: Bruticus is the shit, and you will make absolute bank if you make a new one. (We all complained, but I think we all own at least one Bruticus now, don't we?) It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Bay decided to use Bruticus for the next movie, in a not-dissimilar fashion to ROTF Devastator. (Alternatively, if he thinks the name is stupid, he can just use Onslaught and turn him into a huge bastard. I would be okay with this.)

Unicron: The main villain is a herald of Unicron, having been created (or reformatted, or corrupted, or possessed) by the Dark God to prepare Earth for his oncoming arrival. Autobot and Decepticon alike must team together to stop him. (Honestly, I don't see this happening for at least another movie. Using it as a sixth movie and an end of a second trilogy is a good idea, and I'd praise it for its remarkable restraint alone.)

Oh, and lastly, here's some new Autobots (and a couple Decepticons too) that I'd like to see. They'll probably be mangled but it'd be cool if they at least sort of were similar dudes:

Ultra Magnus: If they kill off Prime (for good this time?), Magnus is a pretty good replacement. It'd be nice to see the guy be a leader instead of a fuckup for once.

Prowl: It makes sense that he wouldn't be in the first film, or the second--or even the third, due to Barricade. (Putting him in the first movie would have probably confused people. After Barricade being as memorable as he was, showing up in the second could still confuse people. Barricade was in DOTM, albeit as a bit part.) It's been long enough that Barricade has been out of the spotlight, though, that an Autobot police car guy could show up.

Kup: Ironhide is dead, and so the role of a stodgy old bastard is open! Kup also showed up in the Prime toyline, which says, to me, that he's pretty high up in Hasbro's list of Important Autobot Characters.

Drift: You telling me that Drift, as a character, isn't completely up Michael Bay's alley? Fuck, MovieSwipe practically is Drift.

Blurr: If they need a random Autobot, why not? They haven't really had any successful or notable blue cars in the films--just Jolt and "Que."

Hot Rod/Rodimus: I doubt they're going to go for making him the leader, and I actually doubt that Prime is going to die in this one (it's not even rumoured or anything) but I think if they have any future inklings, they should definitely introduce him ASAP and get the audience on his side. If they've decided to get rid of Bumblebee in this movie (maybe by killing him off) then he'd be a great replacement main character.
Alternatively, maybe he's come back in time/from Galvatron's reality to stop him.

Grimlock: Bay says he hates the entire idea of the Autobots, but come on. It's Grimlock.

The Last Autobot: If they need a plot device Autobot, then here you go!

Astrotrain: Maybe the Decepticon spaceship is a Transformer too? And not a plot device one, just a dude?

Metroplex: It's very possible that the Autobots have erected an Autobot City in the time between DOTM and the fourth movie. (I heard "ten years" is being thrown around.) Maybe he'll transform, and maybe he won't.

Blaster: He could be cool. I like Blaster.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Ultra Magnus.

Bay surprises us all with a relatively complex plot from out of leftfield.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Six wrote:A new character: I mean a literally new character, with a whole new name (prefebly a really cool one) and personality and motivation
Immorticon!
The Movie universe has had some degree of success with creating characters who have (or SHOULD) cross over to other continuities--Barricade is a fan favourite,
It frankly shocks and saddens me that Barricade hasn’t been given any appealing crossover options. He was kinda-sorta-maybe-not-really in WfC, but nothing really came of it, and the Cybertronian setting doesn’t lend itself well to Barricade’s character type anyway. I’d love to see IDW introduce him and do something with him in their G1 comics. You ever see that drawing Guido Guidi did of the Geewun-style Barricade, as a retool of the Prowl design? Almost makes me want to attempt a custom with Universe Prowl.

Anyway, speculizzles:

Unicron: I imagine they’ll probably at least restrain themselves and not bring him in as The Big Bad of this movie, but if they plan on using him in the future, like to end this ‘second trilogy’ that may be a thing, they need to at least start hinting at him. This could tie into the introduction of guys like Galvatron and Ultra Magnus. If Bay wants to pluck elements from Target: 2006 for the new movie plot, I wouldn’t complain. They could also just stick a teaser for him after the credits, Avengers-style. I have to admit that tastefully executing it that way would even get me a bit excited.

Thunderwing: With the Matrix established in the Movieverse and new bad guys and their leader needed, Thunderwing’s a suitable choice. He works well as a stock ‘bad guy leader’, but with motivations different enough from Megatron to set him apart. They could play with the ‘Descendent of Primes’ idea that floated around in the movie comics, having Thunderwing as one who wound up becoming a Decepticon, and going after the Autobots on Earth not to conquer that planet as a replacement for Cybertron, but simply to get the Matrix which he feels is rightfully his. No idea if they’d want to work the Pretender concept in there anywhere.

Mindwipe: Would I love it if Mindwipe made good on him and his team’s presence in the ROTF toyline and showed up to kick ass and take names in this new movie? Damn skippy I would. Does that have any chance of happening? Not a one. Sadface.jpg

Ultra Magnus: Dude has been *conspicuously* absent from the movies so far. Could potentially replace Ironhide as the badass Autobot second-in-command type. Would probably have a hammer since it seems That’s What Magnuses Have Now.

Mirage/Dino: I just hope he’s still around so we can potentially get a toy of him this time. I love his design. Like, a lot.

Terrorcons: They’re getting some love lately, and I personally think they could look terrific reimagined in the Movie aesthetic.

SKY LYNX! (maybe even just repaint that Commander-Class Hatchet mold, come on, Hasbro!)

Hot Shot: Bay introduces a punkass annoying teenager Autobot to fill the void left by The Beef not being in the movies anymore. Hot Shot is every jerky young adult stereotype you see in movies today (and thus shockingly close to the original character’s portrayal), but the fans love him where they hated Sam because he’s a robot and not a dumb annoying human who is dumb because he’s a human and all humans are dumb.

First Aid or Beachcomber: Because a pacifist Autobot in amongst all the bloodthirsty members that make up the team in the movies would be amusing as hell.

Cosmos: Flies in from space to warn the Autobots about the incoming arrival of whatever the film’s new threat is. Cute lil’ ‘mascot’ type character who’s actually cute, unlike the crass attempts at cynical appeal Wheelie and Brains tried to be.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

I don't think the Quientessons would work as the main TF4 villians. Because the movie main villian needs brawn not just brains. Micheal bay loves these ultimate main villian VS Optimus final epic show downs.

Combiners I can see as the secondary MUSCLE villian not the main villian. Because Hasbro/Takara have always viewed/done 5+ combiner team members that form as Gestalt as not that bright,not that high ranking,army builders,muscle bots,brute force with no brains,often newbies. IF TF4 GETS ANY COMBINERS THAN I WANT ONE ON EACH FACTION SIDE & COMBINERS THAT NEVER GOT NEWER COMBINER/GESTALT MODERS. Like the Computron,Defensor,Piranaking,Menasor,Liokaiser,Raiden. I'M JUST SICK & TIRED OF GETTING THE SAME CAST OF COMBINERS GETTING RE-DONE CONSTANTLY INTO NEWER TOYS.

I forgot to mention G-2 Jhiaxius,I think he would also make a decent TF4 MAIN VILLIAN.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You guys are right--I completely forgot about Jhiaxus and Thunderwing. Both are good ideas. (I like Prowl's Thunderwing idea--a villain who has no interest in Earth, just the Autobots, would be a refreshing change of pace.)
Mirage/Dino: I just hope he’s still around so we can potentially get a toy of him this time. I love his design. Like, a lot.
Not gonna happen, at least not the way you're expecting it to. It's possible he could get a toy, but it'd barely resemble the Ferrari. Apparently Ferrari are total dicks about their licensing, and don't want their brand associated with "any Hasbro trademarks" because of the Mattel license. (Nevermind that, uh, appearing in a TRANSFORMERS MOVIE kind of associates the two. Whatever. Car companies are fucking dumb.)
I don't think the Quientessons would work as the main TF4 villians. Because the movie main villian needs brawn not just brains. Micheal bay loves these ultimate main villian VS Optimus final epic show downs.
The Quintessons would presumably have their own army, or could possibly transform/mutate/"morph" into huge brute dudes.

Maybe the Quintessons could actually be a kind of all-encompassing race, like the way Javik describes the Protheans in Mass Effect 3--all the races that the Quintessons enslave would "become" Quintessons, if in name only, the way that, say, a Spartan slave/prisoner would "become" a Spartan even if he wasn't originally from there. This way the Quintessons would have a huge variety of dudes under their control, and they would all be "Quintessons." (Alternatively, they could also be like the Reapers from Mass Effect 3, and "infect" other races with Quintesson DNA to mutate them into different forms. So a large alien race would mutate to have multiple heads, but otherwise keep his huge stature and shit.)
IF TF4 GETS ANY COMBINERS THAN I WANT ONE ON EACH FACTION SIDE & COMBINERS THAT NEVER GOT NEWER COMBINER/GESTALT MODERS.
Actually, an Autobot combiner could be cool. Throw the Aerialbots in there.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.