TF4 robots Re-designs,can't be any worse than DOTM toys.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

TF4 robots Re-designs,can't be any worse than DOTM toys.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Hasbro promises TF4 CGI robots/toys will be completly re-designed. The way I view this is they can't be any worse than those DOTM toys designs. So the old saying goes: "Once you've hit rock bottom,there's no where to go but up.

I'm really hoping they improve on the robot faces in the TF4 movie/toys. there is no reason why they have to be so ugly,why some characters need to have insect faces,why some characters/toys need to look like stereo types wearing base ball caps,having beards,mustaches,sideburns,ghetto gangs,etc...

I'm going to be optimistic that the TF 4 toys will have awesome designs. I'm hoping that the story takes place in the present then the story/characters/robots time travel back to the 1980's. Wouldn't it cool to get TF4 toys that have 1980's alt modes,exactly the same liscensed & military modes the 1980's TF toys/media had.

Other TF4 toys/movie Designs i'd like if the present Story/characters/robots time traveled into the future. So we can get some vehicle modes on both sides that looked like the 1986/season 3 futeristic alt modes the newer characters received. Maybe even throw in a few WFC/FOC CGI/Toys designs for the TF4 movie/toys.

As far as TF4 Characters/Toys I want to see is as follows:
1- Decepticons:Galvatron,Cyclonus,Scourge,Astrotrain,OverLord,Stunticons/Menasor,Octane,Tidalwave
2- Autobots: Rodimus Prime,Ultra Magnus,Springer,Broadside,Protectobots/Defensor,Skylynx,Grimlock & his Dinobots.

Having almost all of the Decepticons die in the TF3 movie is a good thing for TF4,As buyers/viewers will get to see/buy newer characters decepticons toys/media.

It's too bad,Bumblebee didn't die in TF3,because the chances of bumblebee being in TF4 are extremely high. Hopefully the writers/micheal bay writes out the bumblebee character from the TF4 film. The writers could explain bumblebee went back to Cybertron or is on a inter-galactic space mission. Hasbro can still sell old/new molds bumblebee movie toys in TF4.

I'm optimistic with Shia gone & Mark walhberg being the new star. The TF4 movie will be more grown up/mature,less over the top jokes/comes,no more of sam & his friends+family. The main reasons why the TF1,TF2 & TF3 movies had such bad dialogues,plots,story,filled with jokes/comedy. was due to Shia only knowing how to do nick teen comedy & nothing else. in other words the TF live movie writers wrote stuff tailored towards shia & his barely 1-d comedy skills.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TF4 robots Re-designs,can't be any worse than DOTM toys.

Post by JediTricks »

They almost certainly will be worse. The reason the DOTM figures were so bad was largely due to the budget catching up to the brand, so they tried to broaden appeal with large pack-in transforming weapons. Now they will have a higher pricetag and a lower budget, so they'll be simpler and smaller than DOTM. The only way they could be better is if the designers get used to working with the smaller budget and work better within those parameters, but the figures will still be smaller and simpler, just more effective within their constraints.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:They almost certainly will be worse. The reason the DOTM figures were so bad was largely due to the budget catching up to the brand, so they tried to broaden appeal with large pack-in transforming weapons. Now they will have a higher pricetag and a lower budget, so they'll be simpler and smaller than DOTM. The only way they could be better is if the designers get used to working with the smaller budget and work better within those parameters, but the figures will still be smaller and simpler, just more effective within their constraints.
If Hasbro/Takara improves on the Robot faces toys for the TF4 toy line,by making them more beautiful & not ugly,then I'll buy more TF4 toys.

If the re-designed TF4 toys look more like the classics/generations/FOC toys then i'll buy more of them. I only bought 3 DOTM toys because the rest I thought were awful/garbage/ugly/distorted-mangled & stereo types messes. The DOTM toys I bought were Leader sized Sentinel Prime,Leader sized Ironhide & Voyager size Skyhammer. I kinda wish the robot head on Skyhammer wasn't white & was either grey or black.

If Hasbro/Takara stops making all these badly mis-proportioned/distorted bent/chicken legs & arms sculpted robot modes for TF4 that the previous live TF movies toy lines had then I'll buy a few more TF4 toys.

I need more bigger sized TF toys like more voyagers & more Leader sized toys for the TF4 toy line. the 6 new molds that DOTM had was too low,their should have been 10 to 12 new mold DOTM voyager sized TF toys.

The main problem with the DOTM toy line was that it was over run by super tiny sized scaled toys like legends,commanders,HA Basics,cyber-verse play sets. THERE WASN'T ENOUGH VOYAGER SIZED TOYS CREATED FOR THE DOTM TOY LINE. To add fire to the coal,those 6 new mold voyagers created for the DOTM toy line were pure garbage & were not worth buying. The only DOTM Voyager that was slightly worth buying was Skyhammer.

Bumblebee ruined the DOTM leader size class,by over dominating the assortment cases. I still can't beileve Hasbro took out Sentinel prime so that bumblebee could be in the last wave with ironhide. Bumblebee was already in first wave with sentinel. clearly leader class bumblebee was less desirable & more garbage of a toy compared to the awesome sculpted molds that were leader sentinel & leader class ironhide.

Bumblebee ruined the sales of the DOTM deluxes,$29.99 HA & Leader sizes classes,by being over loaded in those case assortments. bumblebee sat on shelves/pegs & caused stores not to re-order newer assortment waves cases.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:They almost certainly will be worse. The reason the DOTM figures were so bad was largely due to the budget catching up to the brand, so they tried to broaden appeal with large pack-in transforming weapons. Now they will have a higher pricetag and a lower budget, so they'll be simpler and smaller than DOTM. The only way they could be better is if the designers get used to working with the smaller budget and work better within those parameters, but the figures will still be smaller and simpler, just more effective within their constraints.
JT, get the stick out of your ass and look at what they revealed at Toyfair. The higher price point is encouraging better designs. Look at IDW Megs, man.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote:
JT,look at what they revealed at Toyfair. The higher price point is encouraging better designs. Look at IDW Megs, man.
06,I agree,One can't expect the TF toy prices to remain the same for each size class from 1996 to 2013. it's been 17 years since Beastwars set those prices for each size class,those prices weren't going to remain like that forever.

The TF toy prices being to high & the toys being too small in their sizes is a past 2012 thing. In 2013 The Beast hunters toys are taller,bulkier,higher sculpt & have more accessories than the TFP 2012 toys.

Like 06 said,Just look at all those New mold 2013/2014 Generations toys,There bigger,better,higher sculpt & just awesome toys. Creating tripple changers & Titan Metroplex with that much high sculpt detail & superb engineering is no small feat for the prices those toys are in there price points.

Personally,I think Titan sized Metroplex is a steal of a deal & is priced beyond low for his size,extreme sculpted detail,engineering & MP styled poseability.

The TFP/Generations 2012 Price hikes took effect half way thru the year around July. sites like HTS.com had the higher price hikes around September. Some stores like Target raised there prices 1-2 months after walmart & Kmart.

It's worth a serious mention that the HTS.com site is currently selling the newer 2013 TF voyagers toys for 25% less than everyone else & selling them at the 2011 TF toy prices. BH voyagers are only $19.99,Generations voyagers are only $19.99
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:If Hasbro/Takara improves on the Robot faces toys for the TF4 toy line,by making them more beautiful & not ugly,then I'll buy more TF4 toys.

If the re-designed TF4 toys look more like the classics/generations/FOC toys then i'll buy more of them. I only bought 3 DOTM toys because the rest I thought were awful/garbage/ugly/distorted-mangled & stereo types messes. The DOTM toys I bought were Leader sized Sentinel Prime,Leader sized Ironhide & Voyager size Skyhammer. I kinda wish the robot head on Skyhammer wasn't white & was either grey or black.

If Hasbro/Takara stops making all these badly mis-proportioned/distorted bent/chicken legs & arms sculpted robot modes for TF4 that the previous live TF movies toy lines had then I'll buy a few more TF4 toys.
I don't think you have enough understanding of this. This isn't about Hasbro/Takara's designs, this is about Michael Bay's production company and ILM's designs, Hasbro has approval over them but Bay's artists are the ones who come up with the visual cues of the movie bots - the grotesque faces and alien legs and whatever the hell Arcee was supposed to be. Hasbro and TakaraTomy only realize those designs as toys.
I need more bigger sized TF toys like more voyagers & more Leader sized toys for the TF4 toy line. the 6 new molds that DOTM had was too low,their should have been 10 to 12 new mold DOTM voyager sized TF toys.

The main problem with the DOTM toy line was that it was over run by super tiny sized scaled toys like legends,commanders,HA Basics,cyber-verse play sets. THERE WASN'T ENOUGH VOYAGER SIZED TOYS CREATED FOR THE DOTM TOY LINE. To add fire to the coal,those 6 new mold voyagers created for the DOTM toy line were pure garbage & were not worth buying. The only DOTM Voyager that was slightly worth buying was Skyhammer.

Bumblebee ruined the DOTM leader size class,by over dominating the assortment cases. I still can't beileve Hasbro took out Sentinel prime so that bumblebee could be in the last wave with ironhide. Bumblebee was already in first wave with sentinel. clearly leader class bumblebee was less desirable & more garbage of a toy compared to the awesome sculpted molds that were leader sentinel & leader class ironhide.

Bumblebee ruined the sales of the DOTM deluxes,$29.99 HA & Leader sizes classes,by being over loaded in those case assortments. bumblebee sat on shelves/pegs & caused stores not to re-order newer assortment waves cases.
DOTM had a decent amount of new-mold Voyagers: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Shockwave, Ironhide, Skyhammer, and Sentinel Prime; ROTF and Movie only had 7 each for their movie lines. And DOTM Megatron, Shockwave, and Skyhammer are all pretty good (I can't gauge the others as I didn't buy them).

The problem with DOTM the toyline was that it was canceled early because it sucked; but in terms of how much product it put out, it was roughly on-par in Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader-class scales to both of the other movies.

Onslaught Six wrote:
JT, get the stick out of your ass and look at what they revealed at Toyfair. The higher price point is encouraging better designs. Look at IDW Megs, man.
Cluck cluck cluck! <-- that's all the chickens you're counting before those eggs have hatched. We don't know how much the IDW packs will be selling for, how good they'll be, or even how large they are in scale. I thought IDW Bumblebee looked really good, then one of the others on the site came down hard on it for using a fake chest while the real hood ends up dumped on the back - he's right that they did that, I see why they did it and I even understand to the point of planning to buy it none the less, but the did use that cheat. So don't call me out while you of all people plays Polyanna now only to bitch and moan later like you often do. Until then, I'll continue to gauge it based on what's in hand now - FOC, TFP RID, DOTM - and with that criteria I don't think you can argue anything I've said is unfair: the figures will be smaller and simpler, that is inarguable.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

So don't call me out while you of all people plays Polyanna now only to bitch and moan later like you often do.
I don't bitch about the pricing! In fact, if anything, I should praise it, because I'm unemployed, so I can't afford to buy toys anyway.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:
So don't call me out while you of all people plays Polyanna now only to bitch and moan later like you often do.
I don't bitch about the pricing! In fact, if anything, I should praise it, because I'm unemployed, so I can't afford to buy toys anyway.
Pricing? I wasn't actually talking about pricing, that was a secondary point, I was talking about quality.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:I don't think you have enough understanding of this. This isn't about Hasbro/Takara's designs, this is about Michael Bay's production company and ILM's designs, Hasbro has approval over them but Bay's artists are the ones who come up with the visual cues of the movie bots - the grotesque faces and alien legs and whatever the hell Arcee was supposed to be. Hasbro and TakaraTomy only realize those designs as toys.
Then Hasbro/Takara needs to Understand what works in the movies doesn't work in the toy lines/stores. Hasbro needs to create slightly different/more beautiful movie toy designs,so they sell better in stores.
JediTricks wrote: DOTM had a decent amount of new-mold Voyagers: Optimus Prime, Megatron, Shockwave, Ironhide, Skyhammer, and Sentinel Prime; ROTF and Movie only had 7 each for their movie lines. And DOTM Megatron, Shockwave, and Skyhammer are all pretty good (I can't gauge the others as I didn't buy them).
You are correct the 2007 Live action TF movie did have 7 new mold voyagers.

The ROTF movie had more than 7 new mold voyagers due to it branching off into so many sub-lines that were all tied to the movie-verse,like Nest Alliance,HFTD & the ever debattable RTS. Many debate RTS was part of the movie-verse,while others debate it was part of Classics. So to be fair well add in all the new molds minus RTS,Then well add in all the new mold plus RTS.

ROTF,NEST,HFTD had the following new mold voyagers: Bludgeon,Demolisher,Longhaul,Megatron,Mindwipe,Mixmaster,Starscream, Stratosphere,The fallen,new mold Optimus,Sea spray,Highbrow. This is 12 new mold voyagers.

The RTS Voyager only had one new mold Lugnut,With various recolors/retools like Solar Storm Grapple,Strafe,Deep Dive. Just to be fair we don't even need to add the RTS Voyagers in the count because there is only one new mold in the assortment anyways.

Personally I count all the $29.99 HA toys as voyagers,since they technically do have Voyager sized robot/Vehicle modes. these I consider higher priced/higher quality voyagers. I can understand some not wanting to count these in with the lower quality/priced Voyagers.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You can't count the yellowbox HFTD toys with ROTF--it was a separate toyline, and was produced over a full year after the movie came out. It didn't even start until 2010. It may have been a "sequel" or "interquel" line but it doesn't mean it's actually part of that toyline.