Decepticons Unessential

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Gustavo
Minibot

Re: Decepticons Unessential

Post by Gustavo »

Mako Crab wrote: This is what I mean, when I say the Decepticons are nothing but moving obstacles. They're not written as characters. The stories are first and foremost about the humans.
And considering that the Decepticons basically don't interact with Ron and Judy at all, you really have to wonder why they are there. The Decepticons, that is. Ron and Judy should be the heart of the franchise.

Megatron doesn't seem to have a motive other than power -- he is little more than a thug. And if Megatron cannot have a motivation, then what hope do the rest of the Decepticons have? They get almost no dialog or characterization, they just show up and shoot things.
I'm not wearing any pants.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Decepticons Unessential

Post by Shockwave »

Gustavo wrote:
Mako Crab wrote: This is what I mean, when I say the Decepticons are nothing but moving obstacles. They're not written as characters. The stories are first and foremost about the humans.
They get almost no dialog or characterization, they just show up and shoot things.
Or just get blatantly murdered by the Autobots for just sitting around minding their own damned business.