Theory,Shia might do TF4 due to battle ship movie failure.

Money, violence, sex, computer graphics, scatalogical humor, racism, robots designed to be rednecks but given European accents, and maybe another sequel to the saga... what's not to love? TF m1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon and now Age of Extinction.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Theory,Shia might do TF4 due to battle ship movie failure.

Post by Tigermegatron »

Theory,Shia might do TF4 due to battle ship movie failure. As some know,Shia was denied last year/months ago from doing future TF live movies like TF4,TF5,TF6 & Beyond.

Hasbro might be un-willing to take the chance of replacing Shia as the main star in TF 4. due to the battleship movie being such a huge theathre sales failure.

Hasbro might not want to risk the TF Lives movies bombing in theathre sales like the recent battle ship movie.

Perhaps hasbro thinks everyone went to go see shia in these TF live acion movies. even to the extent that shia was the reason for such high TF movies theathre sales.

I suspose another Hasbro deciding factor to ask Shia to return to do TF4 is if the delayed March 2013 movie bombs in poor theathre sales next year.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Re: Theory,Shia might do TF4 due to battle ship movie failur

Post by Mako Crab »

Except that Shia doesn't want to do TF4 and has said in past interviews, that he thinks all 3 TF movies are crap, and he only did them to get his name and face out there. To paraphrase, he said the TF trilogy was his own "Lord of the Rings" and that it was going to propel his career forward, not define it.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Mako Crab wrote:Except that Shia doesn't want to do TF4 and has said in past interviews, that he thinks all 3 TF movies are crap, and he only did them to get his name and face out there. To paraphrase, he said the TF trilogy was his own "Lord of the Rings" and that it was going to propel his career forward, not define it.
Shia is the main reason all three TF live movies were so awful. due to poor acting skills & overly macho attitude. due to shia la barf's one dimensional acting skills & the fact all he can do is nick comedy. the writters tailored the three TF live movies to shia's comedy skills which is his only skills. sadly shia isn't even a decent comedy actor,he's pure horrible.

Shia's career is over,he won't become the next big thing. micheal bay was shia's biggest fan.

Shia bad mouth's every single movie he does. he upset harrison ford. when shia made fun of the last indiana jones movie.

if shia was asked to come back for TF4,he'd return in a hearth beat.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Shia is the main reason all three TF live movies were so awful. due to poor acting skills & overly macho attitude. due to shia la barf's one dimensional acting skills & the fact all he can do is nick comedy. the writters tailored the three TF live movies to shia's comedy skills which is his only skills. sadly shia isn't even a decent comedy actor,he's pure horrible.
Overly macho acting? You realize he runs around scared and screaming for a lot of all three Transformers films right? And the writers were working on the first movie's script before casting was underway. And as I understand it from what writers said, a lot of the humor in the films was added during production rather than was actually in the script. I don't know why you seem to think they tailored anything to Shia LaBeouf, because they really did not.
Shia's career is over,he won't become the next big thing. micheal bay was shia's biggest fan.
He's going to be in 3 movies that are currently in production right now. His career is far from over.
Shia bad mouth's every single movie he does. he upset harrison ford. when shia made fun of the last indiana jones movie.
He had some negative things to say about Transformers 2 and Indiana Jones (and let's face it, those could have been better movies) but I doubt he bad mouthed every movie he has been in.
if shia was asked to come back for TF4,he'd return in a hearth beat.
I wouldn't be so sure. He's been saying ever since the first TF film how hard and demanding they were to get made compared to any other film he has done. I think he's relieved to be done with the Transformers actually.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Again, I'm gonna side with Sparky here. I agree that he's not that great of an actor, but like it or not, his career seems to be here to stay.

I also disagree that his shitty acting is the reasons the TF movies were so terrible (and really, I wouldn't even go all the way to terrible). It was the bad writing, bad directing and bad robot designs that I have issue with. And yeah, the acting in some places could have been better. But that alone didn't kill it.

Shockwave
-Actually finds the films entertaining but not what I wanted to see from a TF movie.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

I personally never thought his acting was all that shitty. Thought he did fine in part 1, decent for what he had to work with in part 2, and again good in part 3. Saw him in Eagle Eye as well, and thought that was a good movie.
GreenHarold
Protoform

Post by GreenHarold »

Did you not listen to Michael Bay's announcements? He said Shia is not coming back and he is replacing him and the rest of the human cast members!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Bay also said that he wasn't going to do TF2, that TF3 would be out in 2012, that Megatron wasn't in ROTF, that he wouldn't be back for TF4, that Skids and Mudflap would be (and then wouldn't be) in DOTM, and tried (very badly) to keep Sentinel's heel turn a secret.

Michael Bay is a Goddamn liar.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:Bay also said that he wasn't going to do TF2,
When did he ever say that? When he signed onto Transformers he made no secret that he signed on to do 3 movies. I even recall he said in interviews he was excited to do a 3 part "family" film.
that TF3 would be out in 2012, that Megatron wasn't in ROTF, that he wouldn't be back for TF4, that Skids and Mudflap would be (and then wouldn't be) in DOTM, and tried (very badly) to keep Sentinel's heel turn a secret.
Schedules change all the time with films. And he wanted to try and keep plot elements in the movies secret until audiences actually saw the film in theaters, hence the "misinformation" campaign, which he told us he was going to do starting with the second film. As for TF4, as I understand it, it took a couple meetings with other creators behind the films to convince him to sign on, but prior to changing his mind he had been adamant he wouldn't be back.