story idea

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

story idea

Post by Dominic »

Okay check this out. Scourge don't like it so much, but hey....

Remember that issue of "Coda", when Prowl repurposed Kup as a propaganda tool? Then, remember how Costa castrated Kup in the later issue of "Spotlight"?

Well, here is an idea...

Kup, (who of course is very rational at this point), realizes that there are witnesses to the whole Aequitas debacle on Garrus 9, including Verity.

Now, what would pre-Costa Prowl have done there?

Here is the scenario, Kup realizes that Verity has very damning information at her disposal and wants to shut her up. Kup, of course, is very charismatic and very ruthless. Imagine an Autobot schism with some Autobots following Kup in his attempts to shut Verity up, (even they do not really know why), and others trying to stop Kup and co.

Prowl, Perceptor and some of the staff at Kimia would be in a really awkward spot. Heck, Perceptor might even have to kill Verity more quickly and quietly.

I really want to see something like this from IDW.

Dom
-thoughts?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Re: story idea

Post by Gomess »

Starring Tom Cruise.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Y'know they could do that but then they wouldn't be Autobots. More likely they would just try to erase her memory.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am afraid that I do not get the Cruise reference.

Shockwave, the IDW Autobots are more ruthless than earlier incarnation.

Of course, old Marvel had some pretty nasty Autobots.

From Marvel US issue 4:

Mirage: Look, the humans are getting away!

Jazz: (puils out his flame-thrower) No they're not!

(I did not make that up. Jazz damned near roasted Buster and his father.)

Jazz engaged in 1 count of extortion and 2 counts of kidnapping, (against GB Blackrock and a little kid).

I can see Kup, (with Prowl's influence), leading a team of Autobots to make sure Verity stays quiet. Another group of Autobots would of course try to interfere. Meanwhile, Prowl and Perceptor could just try to contain the mess.

Dom
-maybe the Bayformers are not so bad after all...
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I think Gomess was suggesting it to make it seem absurd/humorous.

Even in those circumstances the Autobots weren't trying to commit murder to cover up a conspiracy. Sure they do some questionable things sometimes but I think murdering a teen girl for the sake of "shutting her up" is a line that they wouldn't cross. They wouldn't be Autobots, they'd be Decepticons. I think for the story to work they would have to be trying to convince her to keep quiet or else using other methods (like the memory erasie thing) to ensure her silence. It could convey the conspiracy effectively without turning the Autobots into murderers. Besides, if the only human among a group of robots suddenly went missing someone would notice.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Dominic wrote:I am afraid that I do not get the Cruise reference.
It sounds like the plot to a late 90s Tom Cruise vehicle.
Trekwave wrote:I think Gomess was suggesting it to make it seem humorous.
Thank you AGAIN!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Gomess wrote:
Dominic wrote:I am afraid that I do not get the Cruise reference.
It sounds like the plot to a late 90s Tom Cruise vehicle.
Trekwave wrote:I think Gomess was suggesting it to make it seem humorous.
Thank you AGAIN!
The Firm.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Do not look at it as "Autobots trying to kill somebody". But, look at it more like "Prowl's schemes have unexpected consequences". Prowl arguably created a smart, and very ruthless, demagogue back in "Coda". Half the fun would be Prowl and Perceptor trying to cover up their hand in it.

Dom
-the cover up is always more hilarious than the event.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

My point is that there's a line the Autobots wouldn't cross. As long as the story was told within those parameters I could really see it working quite well. Prowl could come to the realization that Aquitas has the information of what he and Perceptor did to Kup and that Verity knows and that's when they try to alter her memory. Built off of that it really would be an interesting story.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Ah, but that is the thing, there *are* lines that Autobots will cross. Impactor killing Squadron X is not *that* bad, but it is a line. IDW Autobots used to habitually abandon planets when things got hairy.

Prowl has done all sorts of dodgy things. Now, imagine Kup coming to the conclusion that Verity (or Springer) is a political liability in some way. Kup might convince more than a few Autobots to "do what needs to be done".

Point of information, Aequitas would not have any information about what Prowl did to Kup. It would just be a huge political liability.

Dom
-figures "Infestation" kind of ruins Kup though.