New Kup

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: New Kup

Post by 138 Scourge »

Don't know how I haven't gotten in on this before, but anyway.

Scourge is, obviously, one I've been wanting awhile, and this is a pretty good new version of him. I'm a little perplexed by the lack of flying bathtub altmode. Not upset as such, just perplexed.

And Prime...looks pretty good, I'll have to see it in person to decide for sure, but I think I'm good on that one. Got RID Scourge, that's good enough. Though it'd be funny to display the two fighting, so maybe I will get him.

Now for the guy whose thread it is...Kup looks fantastic. I'm thrilled that there's finally a new toy of this guy out. Now, can I display this guy with my Animated movie dudes and have it look decent, that's the question. As for where the hell Kup's old car mode comes from, I always thought those were Cybertronian cars, up until it was pointed out to me that Rodimus' car mode actually sort of exists. Then I started thinking of 'em as future cars. Of course, Springer and Blurr are pretty farfetched for being 2005 cars. Rodimus, Kup, and kind of Arcee look sort of Earthy. Wheelie, though, he's almost definitely a space-car, which is kind of funny because his car mode looks actually sort of like cars we got in 2005. But anyway, the only niggling little bitch I've got to pitch about Kup's truck mode is that really, for that guy, it should almost be an older truck, shouldn't it? Like, ideally, an International Harvester farm truck or something like that. At the very least one of those retro-looking Chevy trucks from a few years back. But I'm not actually gonna sit here and whine about having a new Kup toy. Hell yeah, bring that thing on.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Wow, with just a couple changes, the Tracks mold works surprising well as Wheeljack. Looks very nice.

Scourge I think looks like a nice update of the figure. I like the new alt mode they gave him.

Rumble/Frenzy... Not impressed with the tank mode but the robot mode looks great.

Not really a fan of the colors shown on Laser Prime, but the mold looks very nice.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Wow, they really went above and beyond on Wheeljack. His guns are now *tools*. That's awesome.

Honestly, I think my only problem with Kup is that he's got four wheels. :?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:Wow, they really went above and beyond on Wheeljack. His guns are now *tools*. That's awesome.

Kup always had four wheels, what are you smoking?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Onslaught Six wrote:
BWprowl wrote:Wow, they really went above and beyond on Wheeljack. His guns are now *tools*. That's awesome.

The same thing as Kup :lol:
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:

*checks TFwiki closely*

Huh, well fuck me sideways. From watching TFTM (the only animation I've seen Kup in) and looking apparently-not-close-enough at pics of his toy, I've always been under the impression that G1 Kup only had one wheel in the back.

But look at this! Can you blame me?

138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Mmmmmmmnope, that looks like a four-wheeler. However, something like this wouldn't be a bad alt-mode for Kup or anybody...

I mean, except that it's not a pickup truck, but one a truck wouldn't be likely to be three-wheeled anyway.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yes, I can blame you! That's clearly a side wheel, and, you know, he'd have one on the other side. Plus, his wheels were always visible on the shins of his original toy, which is always what I think of when I think Kup.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Onslaught Six wrote:Yes, I can blame you! That's clearly a side wheel, and, you know, he'd have one on the other side. Plus, his wheels were always visible on the shins of his original toy, which is always what I think of when I think Kup.
Well I'm dumb!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

How is this news?