Transformers: Legacy

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Transformers: Legacy

Post by Sparky Prime »

According to TFW2005, the next line of Transformers has been found listed in Target's computers, Legacy/Evolution, along with listings for several figures to be in the line...
• Leader Dragon Megatron ($49.99)
• Armada Starscream ($29.99)
• Soundwave ($9.99)
• Energon Monster ($9.99)
• Bulkhead ($29.99)
• Tarantulas ($22.99)
• Skids ($22.99)
• Dragstrip ($22.99)
• SS86 Ratchet ($8.49)
• SS86 Rumble ($8.49)
• Kickback ($22.99)
• Studio Series TF3 Laserbeak ($8.49)
• Studio Series TF7 Wheelie ($8.49)
• Blaster ($29.99)
• Ravage ($8.49)
• Inferno ($29.99)
• Arcee ($22.99)
Very excited to see Dragon Megatron (and really makes me curious if we'll see other Transmetals) and Tarantulas listed. Hoping Inferno might be BW Inferno since they just released G1 Inferno in Kingdom. But seeing Arcee is listed again after she was released in Earthrise and re-released in Kingdom makes me think twice.
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Legacy/Evolution

Post by Shockwave »

*Facepalm*... So here I am, deciding to get out of toy collecting. But, I see things on here that I will still want to get. Like a lot. I'm keeping my beast shelf, which is mostly Kingdom figures. Which means, I'm going to want Leader Megatron. I'm also keeping the spiderbots. I have a tarantula as a pet, so spiders are kinda my thing. I therefore feel obligated for Tarantulus.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:07 am *Facepalm*... So here I am, deciding to get out of toy collecting. But, I see things on here that I will still want to get. Like a lot. I'm keeping my beast shelf, which is mostly Kingdom figures. Which means, I'm going to want Leader Megatron. I'm also keeping the spiderbots. I have a tarantula as a pet, so spiders are kinda my thing. I therefore feel obligated for Tarantulus.
Do those Studio Series tapes mean there's going to be a Studio Series Soundwave?!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, HASBRO.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The Bayformers are going to to sit and clog shelves, along with Arcee. (Why the hell is Hasbro re-packing a figure that is still sitting from *last* year's product, when there is a repack from this year?)

The only two that really interest me are Ratchet and maybe Blaster. Ratchet is not in my top 5. But, he is close. (And, honestly, if I reread the old comics, he might bump Mirage.) If Blaster is released with tapes, that might get me.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Yeah, they'll get me for Blaster if they also make his tapes (He only has 4, Hasbro. You can DO THIS.)

I'm assuming the upcoming Arcee is the motorcycle from Prime, or the headmaster, or something. I can't imagine a third re-package of the same massive-backpacked shelf warmer.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Nothing from this line shelfwarms here. It comes in, sells out in like, two days and then nothing for the rest of the week. I noticed in another news story that there are now three Soundwaves listed: Voyager, Deluxe and core. I'm in for any core class figures, since that's still a scale that I'm keeping, same with beast bots. But that is it.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:29 am Nothing from this line shelfwarms here. It comes in, sells out in like, two days and then nothing for the rest of the week.
We have eternal pegs of Arcees and Skeletonizers up here. Everything else sells out fast.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:29 am Nothing from this line shelfwarms here. It comes in, sells out in like, two days and then nothing for the rest of the week.
Same here. Last week when I went to Target, they only had two Transformers, a Buzzworthy Bumblebee thing and one of the Core class Fossilizers. The week or two before that, they had 2 or 3 Arcee's and a couple Cyberverse figures. I have seen Arcee more often than other Kingdom figures, but it apparently still sells since they're always gone within a week. I don't visit other stores as often, but it seems to be the same story, with the shelves mostly barren.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It's even worse with Masters of the Universe Origins. Even the evergreen He-Man and Skeletor sell out consistently. I'll see like, 8 of them there one week and go back a few days later and there's like, 2. But no new figures. Tri-Klops was the breaking point for me on this line. Same with Faker. Triklops came out 4 months ago. I saw one. One. and never again. I could have easily bought one online, but even retailers are asking scalping prices, and I ain't rewarding that behavior. I could have easily ordered one on Amazon and had here within a day. But, they are asking $30.00 for a $15.00 figure. That's a hard nope for me. Given the amount of time and gas I spent looking locally, I should have just done that. And now that I have one, it's just standing there on the shelf. Not doing anything. And I've never seen Faker at all, even though he's been out for a month and half. Big Bad Toy Store preorders minimize this somewhat, but they can take forever to get things too and it's frustrating to watch the rest of the world find rows upon rows of stuff while my area is a freakin' desert. The minimal enjoyment I got from acquiring it is massively disproportional to the effort that went into getting it. And it's SO not worth it. That ratio is one of many things that has completely killed my interest in the hobby. Hasbro fares better, I usually can be guaranteed to find a figure at retail most of the time, but even then it's usually 6 months after literally everywhere else in the world has seen and got them. And there are exceptions to that too. I've still never seen Leader Beast Megatron at retail. I've seen Galvatron once. Rhinox was fairly easy to find as was Primal and Cyclonus. The inconsistency adds to the frustration that I'm no longer interested in experiencing and have decided that I don't need in my life.

As for the new figures that have been listed, if I see them, I'll get them. But I will not put any actual effort into finding them, and even then, it's only going to be very select things.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

That list of Legacy/Evolution figures feels pretty rote, why bother calling WFC a trilogy if you're just going to keep going with it? Or was that only about the cartoon, and WFC is just going to G1 and BW our brains out until we're fully cooked?

Around here, Blackarachnia, Warpath, Arcee and the Fossilizers are the slowest sellers, but everything moves from WFC and SS86. The bayverse stuff generally moves a little slower, while Cyberverse is usually the only product on shelves consistently.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?