Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Dominic »

The robot mode looks good. But, the beast mode, especially the tail, looks awful.

Rattrap looks okay. Cyclonus is beautiful. (I might be tossing my 25A Cyclonus.)
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Yeah, his T-rex face is pretty jacked up. I didn't notice the tail until now.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Hasbro Pulsecon 2020 has revealed several new figures.

New figures shown includes:
Core Class Optimus Prime
Core Class Vertebreak
Dracorex bone-bot
Deluxe Warpath
Deluxe Fossilizer Paleotrex
Voyager Class Optimus Primal

A poster for the toyline was also shown... Most noticeably, it depicts the Autobot ship Ark given a robot mode. There have been rumors of a Titan Class Ark, but this is the first indication it will transform into a robot mode.

Edit:
Official product images are up
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

I see Polar Claw, Tracks, Huffer, Gears, a... crocodile skeleton? Yeah, that's the Ark, all right. That is not a Titan-class figure I will need.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:02 ama... crocodile skeleton?
I guess a gimmick for this line will be these "Fossilizers", skeletal Transformers that also can become weapons and armor for others.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

The whole parts-former thing just isn't my cup of tea. I think the Fossilizers look cool, but not for Transformers. They look like they belong as a cool addition to some other line, like He-Man or Skeleton Warriors.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:04 pm The whole parts-former thing just isn't my cup of tea. I think the Fossilizers look cool, but not for Transformers. They look like they belong as a cool addition to some other line, like He-Man or Skeleton Warriors.
Yeah, I'd have to agree. While I think they look cool, I feel like they are out of place in Transformers. Especially given they are being paired with Beast Wars here, where they're supposed to look like living animals. So here we're getting toyline that'll have a t-rex skeleton (Paleotrex) as well as a fleshy t-rex (Megatron) at the same time. It just seems... strange.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Sparky Prime wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:21 amwhere they're supposed to look like living animals. So here we're getting toyline that'll have a t-rex skeleton (Paleotrex) as well as a fleshy t-rex (Megatron) at the same time. It just seems... strange.
Yeah. Nobody, not even on prehistoric Earth, is buying a living skeleton as being "in disguise." Dude, you have no organs. You're clearly a robot. Let's not play this game. It seems to go against one of the main ideas of Beast Wars, in my opinion.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I have to wonder what back story, if any, they'll be giving the Fossilizers. I guess they said the story for Kingdom will be a time paradox, which I assume is their reasoning for having G1 characters fighting alongside BW characters.... But I think the Fossilzers need more of an explanation than that, given they new and unlike anything else in the line.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Maybe the skeletons are an ambush mode, similar to Guiledart (from "Beast Wars Neo") having a corpse mode?

So far, Cyclonus is the only one that I am likely to talk myself in to.