Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Dominic »

Quick update:

T-Wrecks is out at retail. And, it can be purchased without a Target card.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Scorponok - This is a surprisingly fun little figure. It has some flaws, but I like this figure overall. He's shorter than other deluxes in the Kingdom line, about a head shorter than Cheetor. But he's also a lot bulkier. I think in the show, he was about the same height as Cheetor. This is closer to that scale compared to the original figure was at least. This is also a lot more show accurate looking overall, albeit with a more realistic looking scorpion beast mode. Not really a fan of the scorpion's legs in robot mode. To hide them as much as I can, I've got them folded around his back which somewhat restricts the movement of the scorpion tail. The tail itself has a large section that's essentially just a hollow half, which I wish was filled in. He comes with two accessories, a single double missile, and a cyberbee. I kinda wish he came with two sets of the missiles as well as the cyberbee, but it's understandable.

Megatron - Initially, I wasn't really all that interested in getting this figure. There was just a few things about the design that I don't like. Over time, it has grown on me. I haven't transformed him yet, but I am digging the robot mode.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Scorponok for me is the opposite, I really dislike this figure, it feels like an unfinished design. The legs are really stumpy and out of proportion and the transformation to beast mode is awful, it feels like an idea for a Voyager that they just couldn't make work as a Deluxe so they dumped it into the undercarriage and called it a day. There's lazy stuff like the squared off lower torso that they didn't bother to paint to hide how much it throws off the look. It's just a mess.

I also got Tracks, I like this figure but damn did it need fixing, luckily the fix is easy if you have a slip-jaw wrench (a very common household tool). It's got too complex a transformation, but after a few passes it becomes easier to remember. It does use a facade chest and a backpack with a lot of the vehicle mode shell, but it pulls both off nicely enough that I preordered Road Rage as well.

Got Transmutate, this figure is a weird mess and doesn't really "get" the character at all aside from the face, it doesn't even get the proportions of a T-rex skeleton right, but it has charm enough that I ended up buying on a deep discount sale...

Ractonite, this fossilizer is way more fun than the Paleotrex mold if you care about the robot and alt mode looking good. They didn't include real hands which sucks, although he does have 5mm ports on the sides of his forearms that you would call hands if this were a Micromaster, and his arms end in 5mm pegs with hinges, his 'sword' plugs onto this. His knight theme works surprisingly well, it's odd to see they put this sculpt on a Predacon. And, unlike the Paleotrex mold, he has actual hints at robotic stuff.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

The Golden Disk is a powerful artifact with the ability to reveal knowledge of the past, the future, and of the infinite possible destinies throughout time. Discover an alternate timeline in which the quantum surge that mutated many Maximals and Predacons into Transmetals, goes very differently…

Golden Disk Chapter 1
Road Ranger & Puffer
The quantum surge causes a time vortex, intercepting the GoBot Road Ranger and the Autobots Pipes and Huffer, pulling them through time and space. During the wild journey through the vortex, Huffer and Pipes fuse and arrive on prehistoric Earth as Puffer

Golden Disk Chapter 2
Jackpot and Sights
The quantum surge causes a time vortex, intercepting the Action Master Jackpot and his partner Sights, pulling them through time and space. Somehow the journey through the vortex gave Jackpot the ability to convert into a vehicle mode and altered Sights alt mode
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Every so often, a piece of media will make me want a figure I might have skipped. In this case, the backstory for Puffer makes me want to avoid a figure that I might have wanted.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Dominic wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:08 pm Every so often, a piece of media will make me want a figure I might have skipped. In this case, the backstory for Puffer makes me want to avoid a figure that I might have wanted.
It looks like his transform is flipped around from Huffer's, so I'm excited for the inevitable Pipes figure.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Golden Disk Chapter 3
Tigatron
ENTER THE MUTANT WARRIOR: In this timeline, the quantum surge kills all Maximals and Predacons, except Tigatron. He survives, but the surge left him severely mutated, aggressive, and savage. He doesn’t remember his allegiance to the Maximals, and another survivor plots to take advantage…
Dominic wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:08 pm Every so often, a piece of media will make me want a figure I might have skipped. In this case, the backstory for Puffer makes me want to avoid a figure that I might have wanted.
Yeah, I don't like the backstory Hasbro has come up with for Puffer either. Why would the Quantum Surge merge two characters together? And this one for Tigatron I feel is also pretty bad. All of the Maximals and Predacons die except Tigatron... but there is another survivor? Which is it? Was there one survivor or were there two? It's just bad writing.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Golden Disk Chapter 4
Terrorsaur
THE TERRORFYING CONCLUSION: Rather than perishing in a pool of lava, the lava protects Terrorsaur is infused with powerful lava energy that gives him the ability to breathe fire! He plots to travel back in time with his incredible new powers and take his rightful place as ruler of the Predecons!

So Terrorsaur survived the lava bath, but rather than becoming a Transmetal, the Quantum Surge gave him "incredible new power"... "lava energy" that allows him to breath fire. Okay. Sure. :roll: But otherwise, it left him the same.

At any rate... Backstory aside, it's great to finally see Terrorsaur getting an updated figure! The figure itself is an extensive retool of the Airazor figure. Got to say, I'm impressed with it. There's obviously a few concessions, but it's fairly show accurate by the looks of it. The information says he comes with a Voyager Golden Disk accessory, although the stock photos shows him with the Vok Disk instead.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

The good news is that I am not buying any of this crap. (I should be happy, as I need to be saving money. But, Hasbro could make it a little more difficult, and I could at least vicariously enjoy these toys through people who bought/enjoyed them.)
It looks like his transform is flipped around from Huffer's, so I'm excited for the inevitable Pipes figure.
I doubt we are getting Pipes. The colors and sculpt on Puffer were likely meant to be Pipes. But, somebody at Hasbro decided to legitimize the fan-fic they wrote when they were 8. The worst thing is that somebody got paid for that box-content.

Yeah, I don't like the backstory Hasbro has come up with for Puffer either. Why would the Quantum Surge merge two characters together? And this one for Tigatron I feel is also pretty bad. All of the Maximals and Predacons die except Tigatron... but there is another survivor? Which is it? Was there one survivor or were there two? It's just bad writing.
My first thought was "Sparky clearly misread the Hasbro copy". But, no. That is the exact copy on the web-site. It reads like a summary tapped out from somebody who read a con-comic. But, no, it is the actual official copy. Not quite as bad as Puffer, but pretty close.

And, Tigatron uses the stupid mutant head that nobody wanted to see.

At any rate... Backstory aside, it's great to finally see Terrorsaur getting an updated figure! The figure itself is an extensive retool of the Airazor figure. Got to say, I'm impressed with it. There's obviously a few concessions, but it's fairly show accurate by the looks of it. The information says he comes with a Voyager Golden Disk accessory, although the stock photos shows him with the Vok Disk instead.
Please tell me that this is not the only Terrorsaur they Hasbro is releasing. I am not buying this one. (If they wanted an excuse to say that Terrorsaur was unchanged by the surge, he could have been in the damned repair chamber or something.)

Initially, I was kind of bothered by Hasbro not making Stepper as the Jazz recolor. Now, I am actually relieved.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:43 pmMy first thought was "Sparky clearly misread the Hasbro copy". But, no. That is the exact copy on the web-site.
:P
Please tell me that this is not the only Terrorsaur they Hasbro is releasing. I am not buying this one. (If they wanted an excuse to say that Terrorsaur was unchanged by the surge, he could have been in the damned repair chamber or something.)
I'd hope Hasbro will have a regular retail release of Terrorsaur, being a popular character from the cartoon and all. But considering this really isn't some variant of the character (despite the terrible backstory about "lava energy")... I dunno. In the event they don't (or they do and is somehow less show-accurate), I've already pre-ordered this one.