Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:48 am
Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:22 am
Shockwave wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:25 pm Kingdom Rhinox. I've been looking forward to this figure since it was announced, largely because I've always hated the T30 figure, even when it came out. I've actually tried to sell that figure several times, but no luck, it's that bad.
Interesting. I have a completely different reaction to both figures. I love the T30 Rhinox, and I think the Kingdoms figure looks like a cheap knock-off of it.
I like the head on the T30 figure better, but that's about it. I tried to see if I could swap them out, but there's two problems with that: They're on different size ball joints and the T30 head is actually smaller than the Kingdom one. Which means that even if you could do it, it would look ridiculous.
I thought about swapping the heads, too, since that's my biggest problem with the Kingdoms fig, and realized the same thing.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Rumor has it, a "Covert Agent Ravage/Decepticons Forever Ravage" two-pack is coming, featuring a G1 Ravage and BW Ravage, which appears to have some shared some parts and engineering with Kingdom Cheetor, but is largely a new figure.

An interesting Worlds Collide Buzzworthy Bumblebee set has also been revealed, including Nemesis Primal (Kingdom Optimus Primal repaint, with a new head that has his facemask in battle mode), Fangry (retool of Titans Return Grotusque), Bumblebee (retool of Earthrise Cliffjumper), and Blackarachnia (Kingdom Blackarachnia repaint with a new head reminiscent of the original toy). The set also appears to come with an Allspark accessory using the Cyberverse design.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Those sound like like good sets. I really want that Fangry.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Rumor no-more on Agent Ravage set:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/07/10/tra ... ges-437214

The way it uses the few Cheetor parts in the transformation is clever, otherwise it's a fairly straightforward release. It's an interesting choice for an exclusive, that's for sure.

TFK Galvatron thoughts are still incoming. I like the set more than I expected, it does have the wrong-ass shoulders, and it's questionable why it's $50.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

The Decepticons Forever Ravage set has officially been revealed by Hasbro...
Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe Covert Agent Ravage and Micromaster Decepticons Forever Ravage – (Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $44.99 / Available: November 1, 2021)

“Decepticons forever! In celebration of 25 years of the iconic Beast Wars: Transformers animated series, fans can add this 2-pack to their collection, featuring the classic Predacon/Decepticon jaguar, Ravage! Ravage may have been reformatted into a Predacon, but after watching a secret message from his long-dead Decepticon leader, he realizes where his allegiances lie. This pack is inspired by the scene where Ravage joins the Predacons, converts into his former mini cassette mode and leaps into the Transwarp Cruiser’s tape recorder. This pack includes a 5.5-inch Deluxe COVERT AGENT RAVAGE figure that converts from robot to jaguar mode in 20 steps and a 1.5-inch Micromaster DECEPTICONS FOREVER RAVAGE figure that converts from jaguar to mini cassette mode in 4 steps. Pose out with 2 pistol weapon accessories and 2 blast effects and decorate DECEPTICONS FOREVER RAVAGE in cassette mode with the included G1-inspired stickers. Remake the classic Beast Wars: Transformers scene with package art inspired by the command deck of the Transwarp Cruiser that Ravage captains. Available exclusively on Hasbro Pulse in the US, Canada & UK in Fall 2021.”
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I saw a picture of "Kingdom" Tracks.

The damned thing has facade parts. I probably would have bought that (and the inevitable Roadrage from the same mould). Now, they are both going to be easy to skip, even on deep-discount.

Barring an exclusive that I have not heard about, I might be done for a while. (The Ravage looks good. But, I am not going to register with Hasbro Pulse to buy one.)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

TFW2005 has posted a first look at Kingdom Tigatron. It's essentially a scaled up version of Kingdom Cheetor, going from a Deluxe to a Voyager class figure. His tail whip weapon is different than Cheetor's. It doesn't have the hook on the end of it, it's just a straight up whip. And unlike Cheetor, he comes with a gut gun!

Still not a fan of how the beast mode legs are just folded up on the front of the robot mode legs, but otherwise, I'm really liking the looks of the figure.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

With this, my season 1 Maximals will be complete!

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now scale up Waspinator and make Inferno! The Royalty DEMANDS IT!!
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I ended up picking up Airazor for $5 off at Target. This figure's okay...ish... kinda. Bot mode doesn't fare too badly, the exposed mushroom peg waist is a bit unacceptable since it keeps popping out, but otherwise it's an ok bot. The beast mode is the wrong kind of bird, an eagle instead of a falcon, and unconvincingly has the entire lower half of the robot mode kinda folded up behind and underneath to pretend it's integrated, which looks pretty weak. All in all, fair but not great or awful. Not really encouraging me to get Tigatron though since he's upscaled Cheetor for better and worse.

Used a heat gun to fix Galvatron's shoulders, with the heat gun it went very easily but there was one small issue: it melted the rough texture of the plastic down smoother, so the shoulders are shiny instead of matte. I don't really mind, it's a very small price to pay. I haven't really given my thoguhts on this figure, I got him on the 2nd and I haven't quite made up my mind in that month, but overall I think I like Galvatron and I know I like him with his shoulders corrected, not just for aesthetics but for alt mode. You see, alt mode is designed to sit flat with the shoulders facing the correct orientation, and unlike bot mode this can't be adjusted, so incorrect it sits unevenly and you have to fiddle about to get things aligned. It's not a big deal, but it bothers me, I like alt mode a lot.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm waiting for the G1 toy colors Galvatron.