Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Sparky Prime »

Shockwave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:03 amThe killer for me is the feet. I've seen reviews online that show that they don't really connect very well to the rest of the figure and don't really lock very well in alt mode either.
Yeah, the feet are connected to the sides of the car kibble, so they're kinda floating separate from the bottom of his legs in robot mode. The legs themselves hide this from certain angles so it doesn't bother me that much, but yeah... it can be a little distracting when you can see it. I haven't had problems getting the figure to lock together. Although I think the backpack in robot mode could lock in better then it does.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I picked up Rhinox a couple days ago...

Honestly, I'm liking this figure more than I thought I would. It does a decent job of approximating Rhinox's cartoon design, thanks in large part to the false chest rather than using the actual lower jaw of the beast mode as previous Rhinox figures have. Because the lower jaw remains part of the beast mode's head on this figure, it looks a little odd in robot mode. The jaw can be flipped down to completely hide it, which is a little bit better, but, they didn't do teeth for the top of the mouth, so it's just a hollowed out rhino head. I don't understand why they added some detail to the sides of Rhinox's robot mode head. It doesn't bother me as much as when I initially saw the figure, but still, it's something they could have made more show accurate, especially when they already did it better with the Thrilling 30 Rhinox. And it's a little disappointing he lacks the Maximal symbols on his head. I also feel the green they used on the figure is much to light of a shade. So I've painted the green on my figure to make it a darker shade. I think it looks a lot better.

Overall, Kingdom Rhinox is a pretty solid figure, it's just a little disappointing they could have made it a little more cartoon accurate when obviously they were trying to make it more accurate, but for whatever reason, they made some arbitrary changes to the design along the way.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I'm still in for Scorponok and Waspinator if I find them. I found Shadow Panther, so maybe.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

I'm down for any BW show characters they make, and man, I do NOT like that Rhinox at all. I'd be really disappointed if I didn't have the T30 one. Kingdom Rhinox looks like a KO to me, especially with the robot head sculpt.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:03 am I saw Tracks at Target. I passed because I'm no longer doing TFs in that Scale (save for the Beast Wars characters). If I were still in, I probably would have got him... maybe. The killer for me is the feet. I've seen reviews online that show that they don't really connect very well to the rest of the figure and don't really lock very well in alt mode either.
with Tracks, the legs aren't that bad if you own a pair of wider pliers or slip-jaw wrench (both are incredibly common), the issue is a pin that's not fully seated, just brace the outer panel with a towel so the tool doesn't dig into the finish, squeeze, and the leg is fine. I like Tracks opverall, this fix is NBD, what I don't like is his transformation though, tight tolerances in nerve-wracking spots and the legs are easy to get confused.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

My work on Kingdom Rhinox (and the Tracks fan club behind him).
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Man, Rhinox looks way better with that paint. Good job.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... tOrder=New

BBTS has updated pre-orders for the last waves of "Kingdoms".

Blaster looks good, and is packed with Eject. While it is nice to see Eject rather than Rewind, I am not sure why the figure is molded with clear plastic.

Pipes looks good. Slammer looks excellent. Waspinator looks alright. Shadow Panther would be fine, if not for Hasbro using the alternate head.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Found Waspinator at Target the other day while I was there for other stuff. He's pretty good, I would way at least as good as the last one, with some things switched around (placement of insect legs mostly). Looks good in bot mode, looks decent enough in wasp mode. I would definitely recommend him if you don't already have one or can't find the generations figure.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I picked up Waspinator, I like him more than I expected, but there's enough that some fans won't like him at all.

I got core Soundwave, amazing little figure, pretty much unbeatable for the size/price.

Ractonite, got him on sale, I like him more than the Paleotrex mold, he's a fun figure.

Puffer and Road Rage is a mixed bag, neither fixes the transformation issue (the pegs are positioned wrong so the whole affair bends awkwardly at the truck midsection) but Puffer looks quite nice, the new arms and alternate backpack transformation do a lot for this mold. Road Rage is ok if you like the Huffer mold, nothing special but the colors pop well.

Tigatron is a bit disappointing, his sculpt is shallow and some areas of the beast mode could have been handled better, the gut gun doesn't get integrated at all, and there just seems to be something missing about the whole affair that could take him to the next level. He does improve some things about Cheetor, but not enough to make it worth an extra $10 just because he's upscaled 15%. He also weighs very little.

As we near the wrap on Kingdom, this line has been an underwhelming effort and leaves me cold on Legacy's promise.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?