Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Shockwave »

I like a lot of what I've seen here, particularly Blackarachnia, Cheetor, Megatron, Primal, Cyclonus, and the Autobot Clones (which I assume means they will be releasing them in a two pack similar to what they did with the Decepticon Clones in Earthrise. A lot of the rest will be an easy skip for me. I already have a better version of Rattrap. Warpath does not look like an improvement over the last one, so that's an easy skip. The Ark might be nice for display purposes in alt mode, but I don't know that I'd wanna spend that much on it. And those fossilizers are... yeah, I think it's been covered here already.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:05 pmMaybe the skeletons are an ambush mode, similar to Guiledart (from "Beast Wars Neo") having a corpse mode?
That might have been an interesting idea, but no. The Fossilzers beast modes are just skeletons. They don't have any fleshy bits for it to be an ambush mode like some of the BWNeo figures had.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Sparky Prime wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:17 amThat might have been an interesting idea, but no. The Fossilzers beast modes are just skeletons. They don't have any fleshy bits for it to be an ambush mode like some of the BWNeo figures had.
Considering that all the dinosaurs in BW are long extinct, and the only ones left (besides the Predacon beast forms) are already fossils, it makes sense to me that an ambush bot could use a skeleton form to hide. I think it's a dumb idea, but I understand it.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:06 amConsidering that all the dinosaurs in BW are long extinct, and the only ones left (besides the Predacon beast forms) are already fossils, it makes sense to me that an ambush bot could use a skeleton form to hide. I think it's a dumb idea, but I understand it.
Fossils would be buried in rock though, particularly given the pre-historic setting... doesn't make sense for an ambush if you have to dig them up first.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Sparky Prime wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 amFossils would be buried in rock though, particularly given the pre-historic setting... doesn't make sense for an ambush if you have to dig them up first.
Like I said: dumb idea.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Maybe they are working deep-cover at a natural history museum, like"Dinozaurs"?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 pm Maybe they are working deep-cover at a natural history museum, like"Dinozaurs"?
I have to admit, I thought of Dinozaurs when I first saw these. But from the promo art they showed, I'm pretty sure they're going with the Beast Wars setting on pre-historic Earth.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Rattrap doesn't look much better than the original to my eyes, he's almost the same number of ball joints and he has very little robotic presence. The rat beast mode is gross and panel-ridden. Easy pass.

Vertebreak is just not for me, I hope the kids who like that sort of thing will enjoy it but there's not enough robot again.

Lil Optimus has some shell parts I say no to, but overall seems to deliver a competent mini version of the Earthrise figure. Hard pass.

Cheetor looks alright I guess but I'm still tired of Cheetor, great job Beast Machines! I'm really not feeling his squat face, the rear legs just sitting on the robot legs, and how his shoulders just float next to his torso, easy pass at $22.

Blackarachnia still has ridiculously large boobs, but overall seems competent. Not getting the recent "super fat spider" look this character keeps getting though.

Warpath is pretty small and doesn't look like he has a ton of stuff going on, there's weird scale issues with the turret in the wrong location and with a thin gun, the white instead of gray, but he does seem somewhat cartoon-accurate. I'm on the fence with him. Zowee.

Paleotrex is not for me, it's creepy and weird and has nothing robotic going on. But it might be fun for some to put dino bones all over their transformers.

Optimus Primal looks ok, the headsculpts are both great, but there's not a lot that looks way better than the original while a lot of flaws seem the same.

Cyclonus has a long thin face but otherwise he looks pretty nice, and big even for a voyager.

BW Megatron from some shots looks fantastic, from others looks only good, none of them he looks $50 worth. His beast mode looks great until it moves, then it looks like someone broke the toy and glued it into a new pose.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

JediTricks wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:18 amPaleotrex is not for me, it's creepy and weird and has nothing robotic going on.
To me, he kinda looks like someone turned Pinhead into a transforming skeleton. Very Cenobite in my opinion.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

JediTricks wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:18 amBlackarachnia still has ridiculously large boobs, but overall seems competent. Not getting the recent "super fat spider" look this character keeps getting though.
It's more accurate to the shape of an actual black widow. The original toy wasn't even close, nor was it even close to an actual tarantula. Both this and the MP version more accurately reflect the shape of the spider she's supposed to turn into.