Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Dominic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:36 am I wish that Hasbro had made a decision with Scorponok.

Either go for screen-accuracy, or natural-accuracy.

The limb-count is fine for screen-accuracy. But, beast-mode face breaks that.
I can get behind that, honestly. Especially since they sacrificed screen-accuracy on BA for nature-accuracy. My Scorponok is going to look like a scorpion, but actually be a crustacean.

I cannot WAIT for Tarantulas.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

The limb count is accurate. I have a friend on Facebook that has scorpions, at least two different species and in the pictures she posted of them, they both have 8 legs and two claws, so a total 10 limbs.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:21 am
Dominic wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:36 am I wish that Hasbro had made a decision with Scorponok.

Either go for screen-accuracy, or natural-accuracy.

The limb-count is fine for screen-accuracy. But, beast-mode face breaks that.
I can get behind that, honestly. Especially since they sacrificed screen-accuracy on BA for nature-accuracy. My Scorponok is going to look like a scorpion, but actually be a crustacean.

I cannot WAIT for Tarantulas.
I've just had a look at Facebook pictures of my friend's scorpions and it is beast accurate.

And yeah, I can't wait for Tarantulas either!! I mean, I own a tarantula!! How could I NOT get one!!
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 am The limb count is accurate. I have a friend on Facebook that has scorpions, at least two different species and in the pictures she posted of them, they both have 8 legs and two claws, so a total 10 limbs.
Can you link any photos? Literally every scorpion I Google up, and every one I've seen has six legs and two arms.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

I did more research. Apparently it depends on the scorpion.

Eight limbs:

Ten limbs:

The more you know!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:16 amEight limbs. They have eight limbs. Google a photo of a scorpion. Any scorpion.

Go on. I'll wait.

Six legs. Two arms. Eight limbs.

BOOM.

That being said. I'm digging the more accurate scorpion head, as well.
No. They have two arms/claws, and eight legs. I live in Arizona, I've seen plenty of LIVE scorpions up close and personal, thanks. A scorpion is an arachnid. They have 8 legs, 10 limbs total.
Shockwave wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:00 am The limb count is accurate. I have a friend on Facebook that has scorpions, at least two different species and in the pictures she posted of them, they both have 8 legs and two claws, so a total 10 limbs.
Thank you!

In other news... Hasbro Pulse Fan Fest 2021 showed off a couple new figures, including Rhinox, Tracks, Fossilizer Wingfinger, Fossilizer Dracodon, Core Class Soundwave, Shattered Glass Blurr as well as the figures revealed yesterday.
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Sparky Prime wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25 am In other news... Hasbro Pulse Fan Fest 2021 showed off a couple new figures, including Rhinox, Tracks, Fossilizer Wingfinger, Core Class Soundwave, Shattered Glass Blurr as well as the figures revealed yesterday.
I like the Generations Rhinox better, honestly; based on these photos.

Also, what's up with the nuclear green Fossilizer?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Yeah, I'd have to say I prefer Generations Rhinox to this version as well. The beast mode is a a brick again, and I was really hoping they'd find a way to give it some more articulation compared to previous Rhinox figures. The false lower jaw for his robot chest helps for show accuracy... somewhat, it looks a little flat, making it stand out as a false part. Overall, he looks kinda boxy, when Rhinox should be more rounded.

Tracks looks really good.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Sparky Prime wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:38 pm Yeah, I'd have to say I prefer Generations Rhinox to this version as well. The beast mode is a a brick again, and I was really hoping they'd find a way to give it some more articulation compared to previous Rhinox figures. The false lower jaw for his robot chest helps for show accuracy... somewhat, it looks a little flat, making it stand out as a false part. Overall, he looks kinda boxy, when Rhinox should be more rounded.
He also appears to be the same size as the Generations Rhinox, so I think I'll stick with that one.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dinobot -
I have to say, I'm really loving this figure. The level of detail and overall show accuracy of the mold is great. My only real gripe is the lack of paint on it. So I'm currently in the process of painting my figure... I still have a bit of work to do, but I have to say it's looking better so far.

Rattrap -
Again, another figure I'm loving the level of detail on, but I'm wishing had more paint. So, like Dinobot, I've also in the process of painting. Also got some contour putty to fill in a few of the gaps on his arms and legs. With the robot legs doubling as the back legs of his rat mode, I decided to paint them to favor his robot mode. He's a little bit smaller in robot mode than I expected. He should be closer to the deluxe figure scale,

Blackarachnia -
I'm a little annoyed the one I got has the Predacon symbol off centered a bit, so I decided to color a little bit more of her collar to make it less noticeable. Beyond that, another great figure. I never thought it'd be possible to make a black widow and robot mode as show accurate as this figure is. I've thought about painting the spider legs to make it a bit more show accurate... But a black widow's legs are supposed to be black, so I'm happy with how this figure looks as is.

Airazor -
This figure is perfection. Unlike the other figures, I see no need to make any modifications. I really like how they managed to find a way to hide the robot arms in beast mode. And the added articulation for the wings is exactly what this figure needed, adding so much character and pose-ability. I am a little concerned about the wings though... I've seen some people say they've had stress marks or the plastic broke. One of my figures wings popped off when I took it out of the packaging (not a fan of how they packaged this figure, it wasn't easy getting the wings out) but it popped back on with out any issues. Still... I'm afraid of how fragile it might be.