Transformers Kingdom

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Transformers Kingdom

Post by Sparky Prime »

Golden Disk Collection Terrorsaur

Finally arrived! Terrorsaur kinda holds a special place for me since it was one of the first Beast Wars figures I'd gotten as a kid (along with Buzzsaw). The Airazor mold works surprisingly well for him, and it's great finally having a deluxe version of Terrorsaur rather than the original basic figure. I have to say though, I am thinking of adding some more paint to this figure... There's some really nice detailing on the arms and legs that would look so much better (and be more show accurate) if it was painted. The wings feel a bit loose, and one of the sections has fallen off a couple times while I was posing it. Otherwise, it's a pretty nice version of the character.

The Golden Disk accessory he comes with is a little odd. On one side it has symbols from the Vok disk, while the other side is the Sounds of Earth record from the Voyager probes. I guess this is the same as the Vok disk that came with the Ark. The promotional images show Terrorsaur with the Vok disk as well, so it would seem to be intentional, but I can't help but think Hasbro goofed. Given the "Golden Disk Collection" depicts the other side of the Voyager disk, it seems like that's the one they should have packed with Terrorsaur... But if nothing else, is kinda nice being able to flip the disk over to pretend it could be either one of them if you don't have both.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

My customized version of Terrorsaur.

Last edited by Sparky Prime on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Looks good.

Normally, I would flinch at customizing an exclusive. But, in this case, the exclusive aspect is more distribution than any real scarcity.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

That looks great. Nice work!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sadly, I can't see the custom work as the image URL appears to have expired.

I also got Terrorsaur, I really like him, I think the engineering works better for him than it does Airazor. The golden disk is shot in red plastic and given a dull gold paint job, it's odd but kinda has an energy when you hold it up to the light. The figure is a little awkward in the way that Airazor is, beast mode is unconvincing from the bottom, and there's hollowness on the neck, but it's a fun pteranodon, and there is storage for the blaster. I actually find the transformation more enjoyable than Airazor because the midsection doesn't get all gappy and weird. Robot mode looks pretty good, could use more silver and the wings are obviously larger, but I find it a really satisfying figure in general.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

JediTricks wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:32 am Sadly, I can't see the custom work as the image URL appears to have expired.
I should find a imagine hosting site rather than Facebook, didn't realize their URL would expire. I used Photobucket before, but since they started adding a stupid watermark, I wont use them anymore... But for the time being, I've restored the image from Facebook.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sparky Prime wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:41 pm
JediTricks wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:32 am Sadly, I can't see the custom work as the image URL appears to have expired.
I should find a imagine hosting site rather than Facebook, didn't realize their URL would expire. I used Photobucket before, but since they started adding a stupid watermark, I wont use them anymore... But for the time being, I've restored the image from Facebook.
I use Imgur, they so far haven't gone too wrong, you can even upload without logging in.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?