War for Cybertron: Earthrise line

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: War for Cybertron: Earthrise line

Post by Shockwave »

I dunno, I'm pretty happy with Cliffjumper as he is. I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having his glass gas gun and I don't feel cheated or ripped off or anything for the money I spent on him.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:20 pm I dunno, I'm pretty happy with Cliffjumper as he is. I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having his glass gas gun and I don't feel cheated or ripped off or anything for the money I spent on him.
Me neither, honestly. I like Cliffjumper a bunch.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Clone two-packs

Post by Dominic »

Fastlane and Cloudraker (Amazon)
Pounce and Wingspan (Target)

A deal with Honeybear resulted in me getting both the Autobot (Fastlane and Cloudraker) and Deception (Pounce and Wingspan) clone sets for pretty cheap (and Bezos only getting shipping from us).

Despite most of their context being in mediocre cartoons from 30+ years ago and truly abysmal comics from the last year or 2, I have always liked the clones. The idea of two relatively similar (ostensibly identical) robots having two wildly different modes has always been appealing. (At least one iteration of the clones describes them as army-builders, which makes me think of them as mass-produced troops that can be given variably mode-specific construction.)

The recent exclusive sets take the similarity to another level, with all 4 sharing design traits, including molding (even moving parts) being used on multiple figure while not being used by all 4.

Fastlane (also available in a badly distributes and pricey box set from 2018) is the best of the
4. Pounce (available in another, similar, box set from 2018) is the worst.

Fastlane is a simple "future car". Pounce is nominally a panther, but looks more like a canid. (The beast head looks like a pitbull whose ears have been cut.)

Wingspan and Cloudraker (also available in a Walgreens exclusive from 2018) are (for good or I'll) comparable. The Target exclusive Wingspan has darker colors that the Walgreen's release, and a more obvious assortment number. (All told, I prefer the target release.). The Amazon and Walgreen's Cloudraker figures are near indistinguishable, with the Walgreens release having a slightly larger faction sigil and less obvious assortment number.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Re: Clone two-packs

Dominic wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:18 pm (and Bezos only getting shipping from us)
Not even! Shipping was free!!

He got NOTHING FROM US.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I have two copies of Thrust and one set of Runamuck and Runabout available. Cost plus shipping for the first one that wants them.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Shockwave wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:43 am I have two copies of Thrust and one set of Runamuck and Runabout available. Cost plus shipping for the first one that wants them.
I know Dom's interested in the Battle Chargers if he can get them as a duo. Cody
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:49 am
Shockwave wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:43 am I have two copies of Thrust and one set of Runamuck and Runabout available. Cost plus shipping for the first one that wants them.
I know Dom's interested in the Battle Chargers if he can get them as a duo. Cody
That works out perfect since I really don't want to sell them apart.