blacklight codes on "Siege" packaging

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

blacklight codes on "Siege" packaging

Post by Dominic »

The packaging for some of the current "War for Cybertron: Siege" toys is printed with special ink that shows up under a blacklight. Most of the codes reference locations on Cybertron. But, a few reference other parts of general, or character specific, "Transformers" lore. (I have not not checked anything smaller than a Deluxe. So, I cannot be sure if the Micro Masters and Target Masters have codes. But, nobody else has posed either way.)

The "hidden" text includes a coded message written in "Cybertronian" cipher-script. Each rune of the cipher script converts directly to a letter of the English alphabet. In theory, you do not even need the web-site to translate the cipher-script. (And, there are translation charts to be found on-line.) In any case, after translating the cipher-script, you can enter the resulting word as an "access" code, which unlocks content at the "Transformers" site.

https://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/teletraan1

The content is a blurb about the character, and some minor world building. Entering the code also unlocks a section of the Cybertonian world-map, which repeats the blurb. There is a "check progress" link, which leads to a series of retro-style stop-motion shorts (that last a minute or two each).

Honestly, I am surprised that this is not getting more play among fans. It is a relatively simple, but fun, gimmick.

In case you have not figured it out, I made a point of finding and translating as many of the codes as a could over the last day or so. Using a combination of packaging that I had on hand, a trip to the local Target (with an appropriate flashlight), some extrapolation and a little google-fiddling, I came up with the following.

*=acquired from TFW or Seibertron

-Barricade: badcop
-Brunt: Trypticon
-Chromia: Siiexxxiitsfat
-Cog: FortressMaximus
-Crosshairs: pinpoint
-Flywheels: Duocoon
-Hound: Maccadams
*Impactor: Wreckers
-Ironhide: Trithyllium
*Mirage: Turbofox
-Prowl: Praxus
-Ratchet: arcwelder
-Red Alert: Rung
-Refraktor: Reflector (The black light ink may have a typo. I was able to guess at the word. But, I could not translate it rune for letter.)
-Sideswipe: Sunstreaker
-Six Gun: Metroplex
-Spinister: rspiniiste

*Apeface: turboworm
-Megatron: Tarn
-Optimus Prime: Iacon
-Soundwave: lamppost
-Springer: triplechanger
-Starscream: nullray
*Thundercracker: seekers

*Astrotrain: ionicdisplacer
-Galaxy Optimus Prime: Convoy
-Shockwave: Kaon
-UltraMagnus: ForgeOfSolus

-Jetfire: Skyfire

-Omega Supreme: CrystalCity

Exlusives:
Greenlight: Lancer
Sideswipe and Grandslam: grandrain
Skywarp (w/Targetmasters): teleport
Last edited by Dominic on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: blacklight codes on "Siege" packaging

Post by Dominic »

"Iacon" was a reasonable guess, based on the fact that Megatron's code is "Tarn". And, the reasoning for guessing "Metroplex" for Six Gun is pretty obvious. (Just as well, because the cipher-scrip is really hard to read.) That made "FortressMaximus" an easy (and correct) guess for Cog. Based on this, it is logical to assume that the code for Brunt will be "Trypticon". But, as of last night, this code did not open any content.

I found the codes for Soundwave (Lamppost) and Greenlight (Lancer) on TFW2005 while trying to makes sense of Chromia's code (Siielxxxiitsfat). No luck with that. But, at least I was able to rule out translation errors. I suspect that this may be a printing error by the package designers.

In any case, that wraps up the first two waves of figures, and everything released as of early April.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

On Soundwave's box it also actually shows his "Lamppost" mode in the blacklight ink. Also, you don't necessarily need a black light to see it as it's glossy sheen will reflect in the right light.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I can see the codes by tilting the packages, but it is much harder to read. I can almost read the shorter codes (like Shockwave's), but cannot read longer codes (such as Hound's).
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I picked up Brunt last week. (Box code: Trypticon.) I saw Refraktor, Red Alert and the "Cybertron" riff Prime. (I did not have a black light with me, and could not check the codes.)
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

My Voyager-class Megatron box didn't have a code, I was so annoyed as it was my first figure in the line. Since then they have, I guess that Megs was special.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I found the codes for Galaxy Prime ("convoy"), Red Alert ("rung"), Refraktor ("reflector").
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I found blacklight codes for Springer and Jetfire.

-Triplechanger
-Skyfire

Neither code seems to unlock new video content.

-corrected Greenlight code: siiexxxiisfat
(Not sure who thought it was a good idea to take a non-sensical string of letter, convert it to cyper-text, and make that cypher-text only readable under specific lighting. But, the damned code works.)

*late edit: more codes from TFW2005

TFW2005 has codes for Wave 4.

-Barricade: badcop
-Mirage: turbofox
-Impactor: Wreckers
-Ratchet: arcwelder

-Thundercracker: Seekers

-Sideswipe/Grandslam: grandrain

-Omega Supreme: crystalcity
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Also, Seibertron.com apparently has an article showing that the symbols on the inside packaging showing the military rank for the character. The upper part is represents class (Air, water, ground, etc...) the middle part is division (infantry, etc...) and the bottom shows rank (private - General).
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am genuinely impressed with the amount of content development that Hasbro has put in to this line. The last time they did this much work was during the "Unicron Trilogy".