Transformers: Unicron (discussion and speculation)

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Transformers: Unicron (discussion and speculation)

Post by Dominic »

As the title says, this thread is for discussing IDW's pre-reboot event.
andersonh1

Re: Transformers: Unicron (discussion and speculation)

Post by andersonh1 »

I may well read the main Unicron series, but probably not the crossover issues with Lost Light and OP. I am curious to see how IDW ends their continuity and reboots.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

andersonh1 wrote:I may well read the main Unicron series, but probably not the crossover issues with Lost Light and OP. I am curious to see how IDW ends their continuity and reboots.
I think there's two ways this will work, if IDW follows true to form, the Unicron storyline with be told each month in both books with no real "Unicron" separate book unto itself. or they could do it was one of their one of side stories like Last Stand of the Wreckers.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:I may well read the main Unicron series, but probably not the crossover issues with Lost Light and OP. I am curious to see how IDW ends their continuity and reboots.
I think there's two ways this will work, if IDW follows true to form, the Unicron storyline with be told each month in both books with no real "Unicron" separate book unto itself. or they could do it was one of their one of side stories like Last Stand of the Wreckers.
According to the Unicron fcbd book, there is a Unicron series that runs alongside the other two books, and the story runs through all of them. The reading order is on the back cover of the Unicron book. I'll try to scan it and post it later on.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

It is definitely time for a reboot. The biggest changes over the last few years have been about nudging TF back to 1980s spec. I would rather they just get it over with, than watch them slowly undo the changes they have made (even if they have already undone most of what I liked).
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I meant to post the Unicron checklist last week. It doesn't start until July, and I don't know if it's one of those "you have to buy them all" crossovers or not.

Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I wonder if the list-order is the same as the shipping and read-order? If so, the last issue of "Transformers: Unicron" is not the last issue of the series.

I subscribed to the main event only. If it is good, I will pick up the entire event (including tie-ins) as compilations.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Same here, I'll likely just read the main series and then catch up later on everything else if I enjoy it.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Flipped through "Requiem for the Wreckers" today. It looks like a "last issue (ever)" type story, which is consistent with the idea of "Unicron" being a gotterdammerung (Autodammerung?) for TF.

I plan to pick it up and read it in a few weeks. (Money and time are tight right now.)
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I've been watching the lcs shelves for new Transformers books the last few weeks. There's been nothing, which is unusual. I may have to add the Unicron mini to my pull list if I want to read it.