TILL ALL ARE ONE interview with Mairghread Scott

The IDW Comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's now significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade.
andersonh1

TILL ALL ARE ONE interview with Mairghread Scott

Post by andersonh1 »

http://www.newsarama.com/29183-until-al ... books.html
Transformers is about giant robots that can change into vehicles and other forms, but its finest moments are when these would-be automotons show their own kind of humanity. And in the new ongoing series Transformers: Till All Are One debuting this June, writer Mairghread Scott is looking to make it the most human story yet.

Set on Cybertron and the political in-fighting between Starscream and Windblade to craft a new era for Transformers on Cybertron and beyond, the series has a broader scope than any Transformers series before. Picking up thematically from her last series, Transformers: Windblade, Scott and artist Sara Pitre-Durocher are looking to delve deeper into the heart of being a Transformer.

JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TILL ALL ARE ONE interview with Mairghread Scott

Post by JediTricks »

Good looking out. I am surprised to see Sara Pitre-Durocher's art style here being so different from the Windblade vol 2 series, but grateful as I really didn't care for Corin Howell's cartoony style. The sample pages on Newsarama have a touch of pseudo-airbrushed look I don't care for, but I get that the colors are popping off the page that way. I wonder if this one will go the distance or flame out too quickly a la Windblade.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?

Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: TILL ALL ARE ONE interview with Mairghread Scott

Post by Onslaught Six »

I think Windblade only fizzled out so it could be replaced by this; I think what happened was they realized a few issues in that the story was not focused entirely on Windblade. It'd be like if MTMTE was titled Transformers: Hot Rod; yeah he's in it, and he's important, but it's not solely about him.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.