Titans Return Leader Soundwave

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
JediTricks
Site Admin

Titans Return Leader Soundwave

Post by JediTricks »

Hasbro posted a look at the remold of Blaster they have planned as Soundwave:

https://www.facebook.com/transformers/p ... =3&theater

What do you guys think of this?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: Titans Return Leader Soundwave

Post by Shockwave »

I saw pics of it on TFW. It looks good, I'll probably get one (assuming I don't just get MP Soundwave between now and then). I also think that Hasbro/Takara have and continue to have trouble updating the cassette and tape deck characters into modern forms. There really isn't a technology that works comparitively for it that doesn't leave at least one character looking ridiculous (ie: Too thin, to big, etc...).
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Trukk not Taepdekk?

There really isn't anything close to a tape deck/boombox today that would be interesting. Bluetooth speaker, too simple. Cellphone, too small. Computer, too much a box. Laptop, too flat and thin.

I guess Soundwave could be a printer and the minions could be toner cartridges.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Tapes are coming back now, so!

Soundwave could easily be a bulky tablet, his chest being the screen. Or not!

I am only kind of interested in this. It's...iffy as a definitive update to me. Need to see more.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

8-track.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Why not a DJ's turntable?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Why not a DJ's turntable?
Not a bad idea. Perhaps a digital one, they have a lot of greebles and are more compact so they can be thicker.