Combiner Wars Computron and Liokaiser?

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Combiner Wars Computron and Liokaiser?

Post by Sparky Prime »

Over the past couple days, TFW2005 has posted a few articles suggesting we might be getting a full version of Computron, not just Scattershot/Betatron. The other figure whose artwork was leaked is Liokaiser, using the Skylynx mold for Leozack who forms the core body.

Both are shown with a retool of Combiner Wars Brawl for a limb, with a drill instead of the tank barrel, like was previewed for Botcon's Ram Horn figure, obviously being used for Nosecone and Drillhorn.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Combiner Wars Computron and Liokaiser?

Post by JediTricks »

I suspect these will be Takaratomy only, perhaps even TT Mall sets.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Maybe for the Japanese characters, but I fully expect a complete Computron and Abominus before the end of CW.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

I have to doubt they'll be Takara-Tomy exclusive. One of those articles is a listing for Computron in the Toys R Us computers for a price of $99.99. So I'm thinking maybe they're planning on releasing Computron as a box set, possibly as a TRU exclusive. Not really sure since we know they will be releasing Scattorshot. Liokaiser is hard to say. It would give Hasbro another use of the Sky-Lynx mold though, and it seems like they're trying to get at least 2 uses out of every mold.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I really hope Computron isn't a box set, since they've already released Scattorshot. I'd hate to have two Scattorshots just to be gauranteed to get all of Computron.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

A full color artwork image of Computron has been revealed. In addition to the Technobots , it seems a Legends version of Cosmos will be added to the team and all are reuses of previous Combiner Wars molds.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I expect a computron but I'm very skeptical about an abominus. As much as I'd like some animal combiners I have a feeling we're not suddenly going to get a combiner made of all new molds at the tail-end of the line (as awesome as a new Predaking, Piranacon and Beastmay be)
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Computron seems to have articulated ankles.

Might have to chuck my Superion for this.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Over the past week, Hisashi Yuki has been posting images of prototypes for Takara version of Computron. Like Hasbro, they will be remolds, but looks like Takara decided to use some different figures, and given them some much more extensive alterations compared to Hasbro's version...

Scattorshot is still a remold of Silverbolt like the Hasbro version, but with a new chest and head among other differences.
Afterburner is a remold of Takara's Groove.
Lightspeed makes some changes to the Wheeljack mold where as Hasbro is using the Streetwise mold
Nosecone is a remold of Rook rather than Brawl, and gives him a giant drill.
Strafe is a remold of Takara's version of Blastoff rather than Air Raid.

And finally, Computron himself, showing off some more changes to the Scattorshot mold, featuring a new chest and head for the combiner as well.

Edit: Full gallery of Takara's Technobots in color.
Last edited by Sparky Prime on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

News from Botcon about Hasbro's version of Computron...

Scattorshot was initially released by himself because Hasbro had no plans on making Computron (until later). Scattorshot will have a new deco from the original release. Computron will feature ankle tilts. And Computron will be released as a box set.

Hasbro also has plans to release Groove for Defensor, but it will be different from Takara's version.