Combiner Wars news: Slingshot & Wildrider for US release

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Combiner Wars news: Slingshot & Wildrider for US release

Post by 138 Scourge »

Excellent reviews and photography JT. Carp, am I going to want Slingshot? I might.

Super cool that Hasbro hooked you up with nearly the whole shebang, too. Spread me on a tiny slice of bread because I'm a little jelly.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:Would you be posting scans of the full page character profiles from the backs of the comics?
Sure, I can do that.
The issues being reprinted for the comics are bad choices, especially given that there is a dedicated "Combiner Wars" comic available. now. (I liked the run of comics that the reprinted comics are from. But, they are not appropriate for "Combiner Wars" pack-ins.)
There simply aren't enough issues of Combiner Wars to fill out even 1 wave of figures though. I suppose they're creating foundational support for Combiner Wars, since RID shows the rise of Starscream and the changing face of Cybertron, but they are odd choices for sure.
Brakeneck looks good over-all. But, I do not like the over-all look of Menasor's arms.
What don't you like? Too blocky?

I found a real problem with Breakdown as a Menasor arm, there's no way to get Breakdown's shoulders out of the way of Motormaster's forearms/Menasor's shoulders, so they don't just look off, they behave off.

138 Scourge wrote:Excellent reviews and photography JT. Carp, am I going to want Slingshot? I might.

Super cool that Hasbro hooked you up with nearly the whole shebang, too. Spread me on a tiny slice of bread because I'm a little jelly.
Thanks, I appreciate that a lot. And I hear ya, Slingshot does bring a bit more jet cred to the table in a way that Alpha Bravo doesn't.

Yeah, that worked out really surprisingly, and I very much appreciate their efforts.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dom, those back cover scans have been added to the reviews, along with a note that the issues are published as "The Transformers: Combiner Wars #3" and "#8" respectively for Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, which makes sense given the unique content cover and back cover (and possible edits, I didn't actually compare the issues, but we know Spotlight: Trailcutter had 'em).

I'll also include scans of the comic backs from the other 4 figures that came with comics.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Thanks JT.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Sure thing. :)