QC: Sideswipe?

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
badwolf
Minibot

QC: Sideswipe?

Post by badwolf »

OK, I was all excited I bought Sideswipe today!!! Then I opened him up......

The door on his left arm is not tightly screwed on. I can see the screw sticking up but have no real way of getting to it because his arm is in the way. Also his left arm pops off relatively easy. Nether of these were an issue with Sunstreaker OR Sideswipes right arm. I've also had a few problems getting his waist to snap in & hold.

Anyone else having this trouble?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: QC: Sideswipe?

Post by Onslaught Six »

This is apparently widespread, but...I haven't noticed it?

Anyway, here's how Jin Saotome fixed his:

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.ph ... opic=51512
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
badwolf
Minibot

Post by badwolf »

Excellent! Thanks!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'm really glad they attached the doors like that, it'll make swapping parts between Sideswipe and Sunstreaker for my planned DiaStreaker/Tigertrack project an awful lot easier, heh.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

I don't have Sideswipe yet, but my Sunstreaker had that same problem with his right arm.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

onslaught86 wrote:I'm really glad they attached the doors like that, it'll make swapping parts between Sideswipe and Sunstreaker for my planned DiaStreaker/Tigertrack project an awful lot easier, heh.
Are you, by chance, planning on swapping all their grey and white around, like I am?

And I thought we agreed that DiaStreaker was called Spinout now?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Ah yes. Spinout. How easily I forget. *tear*

Definitely planning to swap the white and grey, only problem is with the chest pieces as they're bolted on. Have to use a soldering iron to heat up the pin and swap those. That, and I have to find two Sideswipes too..
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Eh, I expect that once Wave 3 has been out longer, the toys'll be easier to find, and I won't have to much trouble getting a second Sideswipe. I fully expect him to be the shelfwarmer of the bunch. Sunstreaker was the warmer from the first wave, and now they're trying to sell a REPAINT of him? Local stores better thank me for taking four of that mold off their hands.

Already got my second Sunstreaker, though I haven't bothered to unbox him yet. I'm thinking I'm going to want to add Autobot stickers to their hoods and chests, to put symbols in the relevant robot mode places (will also help differentiate Spinout from Sideswipe in vehicle mode, at least).
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

BWprowl wrote:Already got my second Sunstreaker, though I haven't bothered to unbox him yet. I'm thinking I'm going to want to add Autobot stickers to their hoods and chests, to put symbols in the relevant robot mode places (will also help differentiate Spinout from Sideswipe in vehicle mode, at least).
I'd vaguely suggest painting Sunstreaker or Spinout's spoiler silver, since that's how it was on the G1 toy.

Once I got Sideswipe, I was fiddling when I noticed I could probably unscrew and swap the upper legs around with the intent of the lower legs being backwards, thus allowing Sunstreaker to display the top of his vehicle mode back (The raised bit that was black on RID Prowl. You know what I mean.) as the front of his legs. Added Variety. You 'can' do it, and the extra joint in his legs gives him knees there, but his feet don't work with it. But you 'can' still display them the same as you would before, and now the rear bumper is in a different configuration, so it's still worth doing. Took like two minutes, too, really easy stuff.

The only thing I'm disappointed with with Sideswipe is the fact that if you put his gun on his shoulder, he has no handheld gun. And that sucks.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Sideswipe has piledriver arms, yo'. He doesn't need guns. Of course, he does look cooler with them..

Mmm, G2Swipe.