Upcoming Classics figures

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
andersonh1

Upcoming Classics figures

Post by andersonh1 »

Dragstrip's already been mentioned in another thread, but I thought I'd start a thread just to collect information about upcoming Universe figures, for those who weren't aware of them.

Drag Strip (Classics Mirage repaint).
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsBy ... 5&ID=22928

Classics Starscream, in what appears to be the color scheme from the cartoon.
http://tformers.com/transformers-1st-lo ... /news.html

Hound and Ravage.
http://tformers.com/transformers-new-im ... /news.html

Overkill (Classics Grimlock repaint)
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsBy ... 22907&PG=1

There's also an upcoming repaint of Prowl into Smokescreen that looks fairly good. It's on the collector's club forum, so I can't link to it, but I'm sure pictures will turn up before long.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Re: Upcoming Classics figures

Post by Prime_Wreck »

I'll prbably pick up most of these. I have classics Sreamer, but I like the G1 nod of the repaint. Of all of them I'm probably the least impressed by Overkill.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Been meaning to ask this since they first showed up: Why the hell does Ravage come with Hound?

Also, is Ravage's cassette mode compatible with G1 Soundwave?
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

I'm not sure why Ravage is with Hound, but from waht I've read he is suppose to be compatible with Soundwave.

andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I'm a little down on collecting at the moment with the price increases, but I'm still planning on picking up most of these, apart from Overkill.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Prime_Wreck wrote:I'm not sure why Ravage is with Hound, but from waht I've read he is suppose to be compatible with Soundwave.
They have tangled more than once. Hound x Cassetticons is actually one of the most distinctive G1 oppositions, in my mind. Just as much as Dinobots x Constructicons.

My query is whether Ravage is *compatible* with Hound. He could pass for a very ostentatious packing case, and looks like he could stow in the jeep mode's rear... >_>
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

Yeah, I didn't place the cartoon connection between the characters. I believe though that the preview pics from comic-con showed Ravage in casstte mode sitting in the back of Hound.

138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Dayum. Drag Strip is awesome. Wow, I almost wish I'd held off on Fracture, now. Still, he's a maybe, what with the whole "Special Edition" release thing.

Starscream...another "Maybe". I've got a bunch of Seekers already (well, three, but it's the three best ones), so I dunno if I need another. Still, he does look cool, and I don't have a Starscream yet...

Hound and Ravage: Sold. Hound looks slick, Ravage is awesome, I am in. Even if I didn't like Hound (which I do), I'd still be in just because of Ravage.

Overkill: Eh. Nice colors, cool character to reference (though, he looks kinda like Rippersnapper now, too...just less sharky), but I'm not wild enough about the mold to go for it.

Smokescreen: Pass. Silverstreak I might go for, but Smokescreen I just plum don't need.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I am definitely on board for Smokescreen. I really like the character. (He is an Autobot Commissar/propaganda official. How can I say no to that?)

I would skip the Starscream, but the coloring on that is more uniform to the Thundercracker and Skywarp figures I am ordering, making it preferable to the other "Classics" Starscream.

Dom
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I got the Collector's Club magazine today. There are pictures of a number of upcoming Universe/25th anniversary figures.

- Deluxe BW Dinobot - not quite show accurate, but considerably better than the original
- Deluxe Armada Hot Shot - resembles the original fairly well, but more detailed and articulated. No big blocky shoulders.
- Legends Cosmos, Wheelie, Rodimus and Warpath. Warpath is a H-tank like Armada Megatron... not too good. Cosmos is very similar to the original with better articulation. Wheelie has a wasp waist, but is otherwise better than the original, but how could he not be? Rodimus is okay, but nothing to write home about.
- Mighty Muggs Soundwave and Bumblebee - I don't get these figures at all, quite frankly.
- Robot Heroes Perceptor vs. Hardshell - G1 Perceptor vs. Bombshell
- Prowl vs. Laserbeak - Laserbeak's pose must be seen to be believed.
- Snarl vs. Sharkticon - yes, it's G1 Gnaw vs. Slag, my favorite Dinobot. Who gets really mad at having his name changed.

On the cover:
- RID Prime vs. RID Megatron
- Smokescreen's vehicle mode

Looks like some decent stuff coming down the pike.