Classics NEEDs a Sharkticon!

The modern comics universe has had such a different take on G1, one that's significantly represented by the Generations toys, so they share a forum. A modern take on a Real Cybertronian Hero. Currently starring Generations toys, IDW "The Transformers" comics, MTMTE, TF vs GI Joe, and Windblade. Oh wait, and now Skybound, wheee!
badwolf
Minibot

Classics NEEDs a Sharkticon!

Post by badwolf »

I was thinking since we got Hot Rod last year & Galvatron this year we needed a Sharkticon! I know there are others that would like someone else & there are more important characters out there but Gnaw wold be a great addition.

Also we need a Kup!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
andersonh1

Re: Classics NEEDs a Sharkticon!

Post by andersonh1 »

I wouldn't be surprised if we got one or both of those figures. I know there's a new version of Targetmaster Cyclonus on the way. Surely Gnaw and Kup are on the list of to-do figures for Universe. I'd imagine that Kup is higher on the list, but Gnaw would be an interesting choice.
Last edited by andersonh1 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

An updated Kup would be cool, since we have Hot Rod, and a sharkticon would be awesome, as long as they keep him looking like the G1 Sharticons.
badwolf
Minibot

Post by badwolf »

andersonh1 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we got one or both of those figures. I know there's a new version of Targetmaster Cyclonus on the way. Surely Gnaw and Kup are on the list of to-do figures for Universe. I'd imagine that Kup is higher on the list, but Gnaw would be an interesting choice.
Very eager for Cyclonus!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

I'm thrilled for Cyclonus, and despite iffy reviews on Galvatron, I'm still looking forward to him. And I don't even have to *worry* about Scourge, since I've already got the Titanium version.

In an ironic coincidence to this thread, I've actually got Energon Sharkticon among my "Classics" Decepticons. It's a design I love to death, and since Classics is some wacky new storyline in my mind, I can make room for "new" characters. To me, Sharkticon really seems like the type of guy they'd position for temporary leadership of a Mega/Galvatron-less Decepticons in the comics; a definite Bludgeon/Thunderwing vibe. The fact that he turns into the Nemesis probably contributed to that impression I got of him.

Were they to make a Universe Gnaw, I'd like them to keep the Beast Mode more-or-less G1 accurate, but try to make the robot mode less of a butterball. And make that mace-tail poseably, durnit!
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Words cannot describe the awesome that could be Universe Gnaw.

BUT HE'S NOT A REALISTIC DESIGN.

Universe sucks. *mutters*
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

BWprowl wrote: And I don't even have to *worry* about Scourge!
Yeah, everyone thinks that. Heh heh heh...

Oh, wait, on topic, right. Okay, there's the listing in Wal-Mart's computers for an Ultra Scourge. Although this is likely another CyberScourge repaint, the prospect of an enormous Sweeps kinda guy thrills me to no end. Even if it's too good to be true.

As for ol' Gnaw...well, he's getting a Robot Hero. That's clearly awesome, and could be a hopeful sign. Of course, Dispeonsor says otherwise. And as for the realistic designs, I can't count the number of times I step outside my house and see swept-wing space jets with bigass cannons. Happens every day.

The only downside to there being Titanium Scourge and Universe Cyclonus is, well, now I'll never get my ess together and repaint Energon Slugslinger and Sharkticon into that pair. I should finish my half done Sea Team "Sweeps" mini-cons, at least.

Oh, man, I was gonna do a mini-con Cyclonus team, too. Cybertron Razorclaw into "Sawtooth", Shockwave into "Gouge" and Sky Lynx into "Steelgrave". You get about fifty thousand rad points if you can tell me where I stole those names from without googling.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

BWprowl wrote:I'm thrilled for Cyclonus, and despite iffy reviews on Galvatron, I'm still looking forward to him. And I don't even have to *worry* about Scourge, since I've already got the Titanium version.

In an ironic coincidence to this thread, I've actually got Energon Sharkticon among my "Classics" Decepticons. It's a design I love to death, and since Classics is some wacky new storyline in my mind, I can make room for "new" characters. To me, Sharkticon really seems like the type of guy they'd position for temporary leadership of a Mega/Galvatron-less Decepticons in the comics; a definite Bludgeon/Thunderwing vibe. The fact that he turns into the Nemesis probably contributed to that impression I got of him.

Were they to make a Universe Gnaw, I'd like them to keep the Beast Mode more-or-less G1 accurate, but try to make the robot mode less of a butterball. And make that mace-tail poseably, durnit!
I agree about a classics style Gnaw having a less round bot mode, as long as his "beast" mode looks G1.

I, too, am looking forward to Classics Cyclonus. He'll look great next to Classics Galvatron and Titanium Scourge.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

138 Scourge wrote:Oh, man, I was gonna do a mini-con Cyclonus team, too. Cybertron Razorclaw into "Sawtooth", Shockwave into "Gouge" and Sky Lynx into "Steelgrave". You get about fifty thousand rad points if you can tell me where I stole those names from without googling.
Macromasters, rawk!!
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

BWprowl wrote:
138 Scourge wrote:Oh, man, I was gonna do a mini-con Cyclonus team, too. Cybertron Razorclaw into "Sawtooth", Shockwave into "Gouge" and Sky Lynx into "Steelgrave". You get about fifty thousand rad points if you can tell me where I stole those names from without googling.
Macromasters, rawk!!
Let me get Mr. Luthor to tell you...

"WRONG".

I dunno, were those names used in Macromasters? I'll have to check that out.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.