BotCon toys revealed

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: BotCon toys revealed

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Anyway, kind of pissy about AM Thundy. For real. Bastards.

I thought Thundercracker wasn't an Animated mold?
He's not. It's the Classics Seeker mold. In Action Master Thundercracker colors. Several of us have been wanting an officially made one for years and now we have it. Yay. I'm at least going to have to track one of these down.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I guess FunPub is gun shy about having a purely TFA based set. And, this does let them release more SG figures. (As much as it sucks, SG sells.)

Dom
-and the sets get more fan wanky every year.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

Dominic wrote:I guess FunPub is gun shy about having a purely TFA based set. And, this does let them release more SG figures. (As much as it sucks, SG sells.)

Dom
-and the sets get more fan wanky every year.
The last couple of years, they've been releasing at least 1 set not tied to the main theme. Last year, it was the Sharkticons. The year before, it was Razorclaw/Elita 1.
I disappear.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote:He's not. It's the Classics Seeker mold. In Action Master Thundercracker colors. Several of us have been wanting an officially made one for years and now we have it. Yay. I'm at least going to have to track one of these down.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

out of all the Botcon 2011 convention toys. I like the Shattered Glass Galvatron toy the best.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:out of all the Botcon 2011 convention toys. I like the Shattered Glass Galvatron toy the best.
You wanna split a souvenier set if I can find one online for a decent price?
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

On that note, if someone ELSE wants Galvatron, I'd split that set as well. I know I can get Thundercracker individually on eBay, but I'm going to let the prices cool off a while before I even consider that.
I disappear.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I went ahead and bought Thundercracker individually on ebay. It was $100. Like 120 shipped. So it's no worse than Stepper and certainly better than the Henkei Hot Rod which continues to skyrocket inexplicably (seriously, he's up to around 250 now!!). And he wasn't even a rare or hard to find figure! That's what really gets me about that. Fuck me, I could actually get Punch/Counterpunch for cheaper than that! So yeah, ~ $100 for a Botcon toy is fine by me.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Hotrod is a popular character. The '06 mould is excellent. And, the most common iteration now is the ugly as hell RTS recolour. So, yeah, the '06 US release and the Henkei are going to be expensive.

Dom
-only settled for the RTS recolour because of the cost.