I prefer Animated to Movie line 'cause it's not shellmasters

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: I prefer Animated to Movie line 'cause it's not shellmas

Post by Tigermegatron »

Ursus mellifera wrote:Thanks!

Yeah, I was fairly incredulous the first time I saw the art style for Animated. I thought, "Man, the toys are going to be terrible. They're going to be worse translations than Beast Machines."

I was crazy wrong.
From my opinion/taste/prefernces,I didn't care for the animated toys. they looked liked highly stylized play school Go-bots Transformers toys. I also didn't care for the toy engineering,some toys had smiley faces or simplified weird faces with those long chins.
I also noticed the the parts/pieces were fewer on the animated toys compared to other recent TF toy lines worth of TF toys.

Personally I thought Those Rid 13 new molds,Energon,Cybertron,titanium 6 inch,some classics & some movie verse toys were all leaps & bounds better than the animated toys.

The only 3 Animated toys I thought were amazing,breathe taking & superp were as follows: Leader sized Ultra magnus,leader sized Megatron,voyager sized Megatron.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

And see, I think the movie toys are more "cartoonish" or "kiddy" than the Animated ones, by far. They're so incredibly self-conscious. Everyone has their own coolometer, of course.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:I actually think the ROTF Lockdown toy is a better toy than animated lockdown. most of the animated deluxe sized toys weren't that great as far as toy engineering went.
Ha! I just had a conversation with a buddy about that, I am in the Animated camp for Lockdown while he's in the Movieverse camp.

Ursus mellifera wrote:Thanks!

Yeah, I was fairly incredulous the first time I saw the art style for Animated. I thought, "Man, the toys are going to be terrible. They're going to be worse translations than Beast Machines."

I was crazy wrong.
Yeah, welcome aboard! 8-)

I was exactly the same way with the art for Animated, and it took me a long time to get past it because I didn't like the pilot episode either (I didn't know it would get so much better), so I got into the figures late in the game.

Tigermegatron wrote:From my opinion/taste/prefernces,I didn't care for the animated toys. they looked liked highly stylized play school Go-bots Transformers toys. I also didn't care for the toy engineering,some toys had smiley faces or simplified weird faces with those long chins.
That's not engineering though, that's sculpting.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Tigermegatron wrote:From my opinion/taste/prefernces,I didn't care for the animated toys. they looked liked highly stylized play school Go-bots Transformers toys. I also didn't care for the toy engineering,some toys had smiley faces or simplified weird faces with those long chins.
I also noticed the the parts/pieces were fewer on the animated toys compared to other recent TF toy lines worth of TF toys.
I know, right? It's almost like the Animated toys were based on a simpler, stylized art style or something!
The only 3 Animated toys I thought were amazing,breathe taking & superp were as follows: Leader sized Ultra magnus,leader sized Megatron,voyager sized Megatron.
Woah, really? Not calling you on those first two, since I agree that Leader Megs and Magnus were awesome toys, but Voyager Megatron? I never got it so I can't say myself, but I heard almost universal scorn for that toy. Not saying you're wrong, that's your opinion and all, just interesting to see you put it up there, since you seem to have pretty high standards.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Cybertron mode voyager Megatron?
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ursus mellifera wrote:Cybertron mode voyager Megatron?
Yeah, I had both versions of Megs, the Voyager Cybertron mode wasn't too bad, but the one in the 2 pack with Prime was all kinds of epic fail.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

I kind of enjoy Cybertron-mode Megs. I don't have the voyager earth-form, since I have the leader version of that.

Which one are we praising?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Cybertron mode only came in deluxe and voyager flavors. Earth mode was only in Leader. Voyager was a good Cyb mode but the deluxe sized one that came in the 2pack with Prime is the one that sucked.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

I don't know why I thought the 2 pack Megatron was Cybertron mode. I admit I didn't look to hard at it.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

It was also Cybertron mode. There were two versions of Cybertron Mode Megatron, the one in the two pack and the voyager one. The two pack sucked, the voyager was awesome.