Animated Blackout gallery

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
onslaught86

Animated Blackout gallery

Post by onslaught86 »

http://tformers.com/transformers-/12150/news.html

Woo, I'd been waiting for a gallery to show up. Blackout looks really neat, I think I'd have liked an animated cast of movie characters even more than Animated itself. Shorter and more hunchbacked than the original, but looks a better toy, I dig the chainguns a lot. disk-launching tail section turned out to be a separate weapon, cool. Finger articulation is welcome, and I love his tiny head with its moustached, quizzical look. Do fear the weapon may have no storage, and the wrists don't turn. Looks like his shoulders may not move out to the sides either, shame. Despite these, a snazzy last bow for the line, and definitely on my buy list.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Animated Blackout gallery

Post by 138 Scourge »

Wow, he is kinda tiny, isn't he? Still, looks great, and is easily my favorite movie toy right about now.

So, you think that the knowledge that, for certain, there are no more Animated figures planned ever is gonna stop a certain segment of the fans from begging for a Leader version of this guy? :lol:
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

..Blackout is your favourite movie toy? Really? I found my original Blackout in storage the other day, and wondered yet again why people were so awestruck by him when he came out. Blackout sucks. S'why I like the look of Animated Blackout so much, he's a Blackout toy that potentially might not suck! 'Cause Blackout in general is a good thing, much like Barricade.

WHY DID WE GET NO ANIMATED BARRICADE AS A FOIL FOR BUMBLEBEE.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

onslaught86 wrote:WHY DID WE GET NO ANIMATED BARRICADE AS A FOIL FOR BUMBLEBEE.
This.

S'yeah, this Animated Blackout looks cool, been seeing pictures of him popping up elsewhere, and I'm definitely interested. Was not aware he was that tiny though, wow. Still cool, I bought Voyager Bulkhead after all.

I don't have original Blackout, but I do have Evac. Evac solves the 'I am entirely blue' issue that I hated with Blackout, and renders himself a decent toy. Not awe-inspiring on any level, but competent and Cool Enough.
Mirage
Gestalt Combiner

Post by Mirage »

I can honestly say nothing in the immediate future of TF's has me as excited as this last wave of Animated (or is it multiple waves? There's a lot of them). Some great new molds and even some classy re-colors are coming our way. Let's see if I can remember them all (chime in if I miss any):

Voyagers: Blackout, Thundercracker, Wingblade Prime, Hydrodrive Bumblebee, Goldfire Grimlock

Deluxe: Rodimus, Arcee, Fugitive Waspinator, Freeway Jazz, Oil Slick redeco, Cybertronian Ironhide, Cybertronian Ratchet

The fact that most of the major retailers have kept at least some Animated on hand through the summer gives me hope that these are headed for a mass release, as opposed to a spottier store exclusive deal. Let's cross our fingers...
I disappear.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

onslaught86 wrote:..Blackout is your favourite movie toy? Really? I found my original Blackout in storage the other day, and wondered yet again why people were so awestruck by him when he came out. Blackout sucks. S'why I like the look of Animated Blackout so much, he's a Blackout toy that potentially might not suck! 'Cause Blackout in general is a good thing, much like Barricade.
Mmmmno. Not regular Blackout, who I never got. Animated Blackout's my favorite movie toy, because he's a movie character, anyway. I dunno, I thought I was funny.

As far as real movie toys go? Easy favorite: Longview.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I also find it interesting that they changed the rotors from Movie Blackout to ROTF Grindor. The blades are actually evenly spaced from each other on Grindor. When I start collecting Animated again I definately plan to get Blackout.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Wait, huh? Find me decent Grindor back pics, I'm intrigued. A little.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Yeah, I had them next to each other when I was photographing them for sale (y'know the hocking, the down payment, blah blah blah) and I noticed that Blackout's blades are unevenly spaced. Anyway, here's a link to my sales thread on TFW which has a pic of the two next to each other.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sal ... -sale.html
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That's just yours, I think. Hrm.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.