Animated Review Thread

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
onslaught86

Re: Animated Review Thread

Post by onslaught86 »

I got Shockwave, but have yet to open him, as too much other recent stuff would lead to his being overlooked. And I don't want to overlook a toy like that one, as I heart me some Shockwave. Had to import, wasn't released here due to Hasbro NZ not wanting more shelfwarming stock.
Activators Ratchet - ok bot mode. Alt mode works pretty well though. Transformation ripped off from G2 Hubcap, and I like that transformation better than here as this gets in the way of itself a little.
Agreed, found that one really boring, put me off Activators a bit. Bumblebee and Megatron were the best of the batch, I thought, really not as fond of the Activator Starscream mould as others are, felt knockoffy. Prime was okay, hampered by a clunky transformation and clips. Wouldn't mind the eventual Activators Soundwave.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

JediTricks wrote:Activators Ratchet - ok bot mode. Alt mode works pretty well though. Transformation ripped off from G2 Hubcap, and I like that transformation better than here as this gets in the way of itself a little.
You mean Machine Wars Hubcap, right?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

onslaught86 wrote:I got Shockwave, but have yet to open him, as too much other recent stuff would lead to his being overlooked. And I don't want to overlook a toy like that one, as I heart me some Shockwave. Had to import, wasn't released here due to Hasbro NZ not wanting more shelfwarming stock.
That's too bad, Shockwave deserves some time, but should be checked out while the rest of the line is still fresh in your mind.
Agreed, found that one really boring, put me off Activators a bit. Bumblebee and Megatron were the best of the batch, I thought, really not as fond of the Activator Starscream mould as others are, felt knockoffy. Prime was okay, hampered by a clunky transformation and clips. Wouldn't mind the eventual Activators Soundwave.
It was really easy for me to pass up this line based on price, and Ratchet being a freebie throw-in was a good explanation of why I was glad to stay away. BB was alright, but still not enough to get me to part with it on its own. As pack-ins, they had a better value for me than stand-alones, but Ratchet just didn't work out that well anyway, it was easy to toss in the "whatever" pile.

BWprowl wrote:You mean Machine Wars Hubcap, right?
Yeah, exactly, not G2 but MW. I still want that Hoist recolor of it too, I keep forgetting to track it down. The mystery-machine colors of RID Tow Line don't do this mold justice.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I opened Shockwave, and am still figuring him out, slightly baffling transformation due to the many similar modes. A little annoying that it's counter-intuitive, especially when you don't know which part is for which mode, yet they did some very clever things to differentiate each mode, so points there. Shockwave robot is clearly the best. I do dig that the turret doesn't have to come off either, yay for options, seems like it had a gimmick cut from it. Wouldn't mind the purple one too, though I hear it was sucky quality..
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I've got the purple one, and while I don't have the grey version to compare it to, I can say that the only joints that really bother me on the purple Shockwave are the neck, which is slightly loose, and the thigh joints, which could also be a bit more stiff. The transformation isn't obvious at all, which is annoying, but it's a decent figure.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

One thing that bugs the hell out of me with Shockwave is that Longarm's robot hands (and/or Shockwave's thumbs) are made of a malleable rubbery plastic. I feel like I'm going to tear the ball joints every time I move them. (I have the same issue with Titanium Scourge's rubbery fists.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I had no issues with Scourge's fists, and Longarm's hands don't bother me either, mine don't feel like they'll tear. I do know exactly what you mean, though, and it really irks when that sort of thing happens.

Wouldn't mind getting the purple as well, just to display one in each mode, that'd be cool. This is also, for the record, worlds better than Energon Shockblast.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:One thing that bugs the hell out of me with Shockwave is that Longarm's robot hands (and/or Shockwave's thumbs) are made of a malleable rubbery plastic. I feel like I'm going to tear the ball joints every time I move them. (I have the same issue with Titanium Scourge's rubbery fists.)
That was one of the main flaws with most of the Titanium figures. They all had to include the soft rubber plastic somewhere on the figure, and I never could figure out why.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

andersonh1 wrote:
That was one of the main flaws with most of the Titanium figures. They all had to include the soft rubber plastic somewhere on the figure, and I never could figure out why.
I thought that was for the lady-bots.

I think that was one of your strips. Thundercracker's soft hands?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

138 Scourge wrote:
andersonh1 wrote:
I thought that was for the lady-bots.

I think that was one of your strips. Thundercracker's soft hands?
Oh yeah, that's right. Hey, at least I got a good joke out of it. :mrgreen: