Animated Review Thread

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Re: Animated Review Thread

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

donosaur wrote:Oilslick: Why is his chain weapon so different than the one pictured on the packaging and in the instructions??? The boxart shows a long, fine metal chain and the instructions show that the sides of the barrel disconnect from the end caps. The toy has a plastic chain barely four inches long, not nearly as fun for plastic toy violence. I'm disappointed. (other than that he's pretty awesome)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/For_safety_reasons

Also, I had Blackarachnia, Oilslick and Soundwave posed together for a while, under the theme of "Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll". Because BA's a chick and Oilslick is a chemist... get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

'Crunch, it's worth noting that Slick's barrel caps do still disconnect, but there's not too much you can do with them now that the chain is so short.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

I don't even use the them. The chain is weak, so i just have him in a semi Ninja pose.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Aside from being disappointed he can't strangle too many other TFs, Oil Slick's pretty decent. I really dig his aesthetic, especially the ram skull, though I find the colours painful and the transformation iffy. He's good, to be sure, but he's not standout. Shame that.

Currently looking forward to Sentinel, his transformation intrigues,
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Well, after the sheer insanity of what they pulled off with Prowl, Oil Slick's MUCH simpler transformation was bound to disappoint. You're right though, the aesthetic is really cool. I'm still chomping at the bit for a Cy-Kill repaint. Although I don't mind Slick's colors as much as some seem to.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

I don't really mind Slick's color. I've seen alot worse.

138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

I really like Oil Slick's colors, myself. Though his colorscheme's not as eye-searing as what I usually am attracted to, the kinda muted yellow and almost-military green work for this mold.

But then, I like just about everything about Oil Slick. When I got him, I fiddled and wound up kind of going "Oh, my god this guy rules!" He's one of my favorite toys from this year.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

for me, Oilslick's deco says "hazmat suit", which works. He's left me really itching for a Prowl though, I'll have to find Samurai Prowl
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Post by Prime_Wreck »

onslaught86 wrote:Currently looking forward to Sentinel, his transformation intrigues,
If I had to note one complaint on Sentinal, it would be that his arm aren't a bit more articulated. Other than that he's pretty solid.

BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Prime_Wreck wrote:If I had to note one complaint on Sentinal, it would be that his arm aren't a bit more articulated. Other than that he's pretty solid.
Gah, don't remind me. He needs bicep swivels SO BADLY! I'm pointlessly hoping we get a Voyager-sized Cybertron Mode Sentinel Prime later down the line...