Animated Review Thread

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Re: Animated Review Thread

Post by Decepticon Spike »

I hope they fix it for the Skywarp release.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I would also expect a new face, as the arrogant smirk used for SS would not be appropriate for SW.

Dom
Decepticon Spike
Deluxe

Post by Decepticon Spike »

Sadly, it doesn't look like we're going to get a retooled head, based on the pics I saw.
There was a custom on eBay a month ago, where the guy she did him resculpted the face to a look of terror.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Oh no. Are we getting spam already?
It's themed material from an official source, not meant to get you to spend money directly, so I'm not finding it to be spam, per se. It was in the wrong thread and section though so I moved the posts he put up.

I'm a little annoyed that the forums software didn't email me when someone reported the post though, or I would have gotten to it sooner.

andersonh1 wrote:The Activators are very expensive for what you get, in my opinion. I'd say for price alone, spend two more $ and get the deluxe version.
TOTALLY agree! Those things are $6 basics at best, not $8-$9 figures.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

JediTricks wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote:Oh no. Are we getting spam already?
It's themed material from an official source, not meant to get you to spend money directly, so I'm not finding it to be spam, per se. It was in the wrong thread and section though so I moved the posts he put up.

I'm a little annoyed that the forums software didn't email me when someone reported the post though, or I would have gotten to it sooner.

andersonh1 wrote:The Activators are very expensive for what you get, in my opinion. I'd say for price alone, spend two more $ and get the deluxe version.
TOTALLY agree! Those things are $6 basics at best, not $8-$9 figures.
I dunno, Jedi, I think it's fishy. I think it's also a little fishy that you're being so lenient with it.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Misanthrope Prime wrote:I dunno, Jedi, I think it's fishy. I think it's also a little fishy that you're being so lenient with it.
I checked out the link code, it's not a money-making link, it's going to a studio's website. This isn't like some jerkoff coming in and saying "buy this stuff!" and then it has a link with affiliate code so he makes a penny every time we click it. It's a studio representative coming to a Transformers site and saying "here's our Transformers thing, come check it out", I don't consider that spam. Over on my Star Wars board, we occasionally have reps from various SW licensees drop by and post material, and that's not spam because ultimately that group is there due to a shared interest in that marketed product line. If it were actively offensive, overly intrusive, misleading, or sleazy, I'd come down hard, but so far it's none of those, just a mild prodding towards a product some folks here will be interested in. The second I saw there was a reported post, I took action - in this case, I removed the material from its incorrect location and moved it to an appropriate area, not a simple course of action, it was a 5-step process.

I am sorry to see you questioning my motives or my dedication to this community. I take my duty to the forumites here very seriously, it's paramount to me, and I've taken a lot of your guys' advice, especially the 2 mods, to heart when considering what is best for the group - the ONLY reason I started these forums (under protest at the time, no less) in the first place. Look at this site, do you see any advertising anywhere trying to recoup my costs? Internet marketing is what I do for a LIVING, if I wanted to use you guys as traffic to generate revenue for myself, I could have a dozen methods on here in minutes, but to me it's a line I'm not interested in crossing, I want to keep this place pure and free from those sorts of things as long as I can. I make my rent by fighting spam, finding better methods to generating revenue via the internet than harassing and tricking surfers, I find spam offensive not just as a surfer but as an internet professional.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:I am sorry to see you questioning my motives or my dedication to this community.
I am sorry to see you taking what AU says seriously. I assumed he was joking in that kind of manner AU does, and such.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:
JediTricks wrote:I am sorry to see you questioning my motives or my dedication to this community.
I am sorry to see you taking what AU says seriously. I assumed he was joking in that kind of manner AU does, and such.
To be honest, I'm beginning to think that a lot of people are having trouble assigning my old personality to my new name, though perhaps the word 'misanthrope' is a little too dour for the facetious joker I am known to be.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That's half of why I continue to call you AU. The other half is because I don't like your new name or when people randomly change their identities on me. I've been Onslaught Six since 2002, I'm sticking to it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JediTricks wrote:
it's paramount to me,

So you are in bed with a studio! :roll:

Joking aside, I am a bit annoyed that the guy just came in and posted that. It is somewhat relevant, but it was abrupt, and (as JT put it), off-topic for no reason other than the guy just posted it in this thread. (A thread naturally going off-topic is one thing, What this guy did was just plain rude.) So yeah, I may not want to give him the "special tour" of Boston Harbor, but a trip behind the wood-shed is in order, "Deliverance" style.

Look at this site, do you see any advertising anywhere trying to recoup my costs? Internet marketing is what I do for a LIVING, if I wanted to use you guys as traffic to generate revenue for myself,

O86 and I do not want to talk about how JT has used us. Please....do not make us talk about it.

Joking aside, I will vouch for JT's integrity. He was wary of starting this board, but saw a need and solved the problem.

The problem with joking on the internet is that inflection and intent can sometimes be lost. That is why it helps to add an occasional disclaimer. For example, after implying that JT was molesting O86 and myself, I made clear I was kidding, as a casual reader of this board might take my post to mean we are a bunch of perverts and molesters who put shower cams up and spy on each-other. (We are not molesters, and there are no shower cams that I know of.)

Dom
-so, okay, who has Blitzwing?