Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Post by Onslaught Six »

transtrekkie wrote:Optimus's arrival on cybertron need more explaination (ie: what was that thing around his neck?)
The Matrix, of course!

Okay, okay. It's clearly the Matrix, though, really, and if I were to think anything, it's whatever AllSpark energy was left.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Yeah, I think we can probably infer that rather reasonably, but they never *actually explained it*.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

So is it time to "archive" this section since Animated is essentially done?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Not as long as there's toys to come out. I assume that whenever we get the next cartoon, this'll get archived, likely in the other section.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

That and we can also still debate when/if we'll ever get Season 3 on DVD.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yeah, what's the deal with that? I feel bad for anyone who really liked the show and wanted all of it.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I finished watching season 3, FINALLY, now that it's out on DVD. I enjoyed the season more than the others, due to less human villains and more of the ongoing Transformer storylines. I was never a big fan of the designs, but they grew on me, and I love all the references to olders shows with the character cameos. Poor Blurr, crushed into a cube by Shockwave. And how awesome is it that Shockwave has his G1 voice? I could easily watch a few more seasons of this show. It's one of the most well-written series since the beast era, filler eps aside. I wasn't a big fan of the Human Error two-parter, but I thought by and large there were more episodes that worked for me and less that didn't this time around.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

At Botcon, Marty Isenberg reiterated the ideas for season 4, and the more I think about it, the more I'm glad it didn't come to pass. I'm sure it would have been great, season 3 was really good for the most part, but having Megatron just escape again seems so generic, it totally undercuts the way season 3. Beast Wars at least waited until a new series before pulling that cheap card and they didn't even get a planet-wide heroes welcome.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

and they didn't even get a planet-wide heroes welcome.
The word came down that S3 would be the last while the last few episodes were still in production. The "return home to Cybertron" was (very clearly) a last-minute addition to give the series some closure.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Onslaught Six wrote:
and they didn't even get a planet-wide heroes welcome.
The word came down that S3 would be the last while the last few episodes were still in production. The "return home to Cybertron" was (very clearly) a last-minute addition to give the series some closure.
Yeah, I thought that too. It's an all too quick scene tacked on to the end of the last episode. And we still have some dangling plot threads, with Ultra Magnus still recovering and the leadership of Cybertron not clear. It is a great final scene though, with Prime finally treated as the hero he is.