Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Post by BWprowl »

Don't be so quick to judge, Bulkhead's smarter than he appears. He may be a bit slow to catch on, and just a little suggestible, but he's hardly a moron.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

No, if you actually just watch the show, just as it is, then... Bulkhead really isn't that stupid. He's patient, and thoughtful, and quiet(er than Prowl, the supposed "kewl silent ninj0r").

The writers, on the other hand, clearly are a little tapped.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:As for nobody checking for Allspark chunks, why would they?
Well when Ultra Magnus left Earth he gave Optimus Prime's crew two mission objectives, to capture the remaining Decepticons and recollect the Allspark shards. Speaking of which, Ratchet used the pieces they had gathered to jump start Omega Supreme's spark and presumably those shards were still with him when he got sucked into the space bridge.

As for the Decepticons, I don't think they particularly care about the mysticism aspect of the Allspark. We've seen them use it was a weapon and basically as a power source. So their reason for going after the Allspark is simply to have it's power.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Remember, I have not seen the show. I have read some adaptations and summaires. So, my question: Are we to assume that all of the characters buy into the mystical elements (or even utilitarian elements) of the powerful McGuffin the way viewers do?

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It's not even as if there's that much mysticism present--it's the AllSpark, and it's got shards and they seem to make things alive.

And that's about as far as we get with it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

If anything, by taking a leaf from the 'personality components' book of G1 and the 'nanites' book of the movie, it's less mystical than the sparks of BW.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Dom, WHY have you not seen the show? By now the episodes are all over youtube and there's no excuse for ignorance.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Truthfully, I hate looking at it. I will read episodes as they are adapted into comic form though.

But, I might sit down and watch the Soundwave ep.....

Dom
CrossRook
Gestalt Combiner

Post by CrossRook »

Dominic wrote:Truthfully, I hate looking at it. I will read episodes as they are adapted into comic form though.

But, I might sit down and watch the Soundwave ep.....

Dom
Well they're not going to be. The comics are more like... side stories.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I'm really glad they went that route. Directly translating the show into comics seems a ridiculous waste of resource, since the audience is essentially..Dom. Heh.

Plus, we get Oil Slick as a comics-only character, and that will surely cement him as a semi-obscure Fan Favourite. Apparently there's a few comics-only human characters originally intended for the show, too.