Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: Animated Series discussion thread (spoilers allowed)

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:I would assume Sari is a very intricately designed machine, using nano-tech and such. Remember the enhanced slug from the first episode? She might be like that, and have some organic parts. And, given the rules of cartoon engineering, (and what we know machines can do *now* anyway), it is not too unreasonable to assume that Sari is built to process organic matter as food/fuel, prehaps using it to add to her mass, simulating growth.
I got the impression the nanotechnology from the first episode was still in the experimental stages given it didn't function the way it was supposed to (and went on a rampage). Wouldn't have been smart of Sumdac to build a little girl with an unproven, not to mention unstable technology. Even being a bit of a mad scientist, I think he'd have waited to work out the bugs before he implemented the technology. Either way, I just don't see Sumdac having the technological capability to create something so advanced on his own that looks and acts human like Sari.

I'm inclined to agree with BWProwl... Given the evidence in the show, it'd appear that Sari is at least partially biological. I have to think she's some type of cyborg.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I think the slug in the first episode was monkey-wrenched by Megatron though.

Even if Sari has biological components, like a T-800, it was not made "the old fashioned way", as evidenced by the fact she does not have a mother.

Damn, this is such a gread series.

Dom
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:I think the slug in the first episode was monkey-wrenched by Megatron though.
Megatron wasn't even online at the time. There is no way he had any effect on that experiment. It wasn't until the next episode "Home is Where the Spark is" when Sari used her key to try and force open the door to Sumdac's lab that Megs woke up, and he was clearly unaware of what had happened over the past 50 years.

As for evidence Sari doesn't have a mother, we don't exactly have evidence either way on the matter...
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Clearly, her mother is the tutor-bot. Explains so much.

Seriously, though, I'm calling cyborg on this one too. Expect we'll get a fairly drawn-out explanation, be far too easy to have it explained in one scene in the next ep. I'm hoping they do play on Megatron also being her father, Vader style, manipulation and all.
ChaosDeathSaurer
Protoform

Post by ChaosDeathSaurer »

onslaught86 wrote:Clearly, her mother is the tutor-bot. Explains so much.

Seriously, though, I'm calling cyborg on this one too. Expect we'll get a fairly drawn-out explanation, be far too easy to have it explained in one scene in the next ep. I'm hoping they do play on Megatron also being her father, Vader style, manipulation and all.
"Isaac never told you what happened to your father, Sari."
"He told me enough! He told me you... aren't... him!"
"No, Sari Sumdac. I AM your father!"
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

She may be a cyborg in the legalistic "Terminator" sense, (vat grown carbon based organic mass not of woman born), but I doubt she is a "cyborg" in the traditional sense.

And, I am willing to bet she has no mother.

I see Megatron trying to manipulate her, but failing inside of an episode. Of course, he will then try to force her. My question is, "Will she survive?" (Keep in mind how dark TF has been in some past iterations. And, there is precedent for this type of cartoon to be dark.)

Dom
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Dominic wrote:She may be a cyborg in the legalistic "Terminator" sense, (vat grown carbon based organic mass not of woman born), but I doubt she is a "cyborg" in the traditional sense.
I just don't see it... From what we've seen of Sumdac's products, it doesn't look to me like they're capable of producing anything that advanced yet. Even some of the things that have been enhanced/brought to life by the Allspark haven't been that advanced. And because Sari eats, sleeps, grows hair, get sick and so on, I think there is more to her than we realize.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I think there is more to her than we realize.
Oh, go on. You had to TRY to avoid that one, didn't you? ;)

In other news, I'm hoping the eventual S3 ties up a lot more of the loose ends. Blurr and Wreck-Gar getting figures means they'll undoubtedly get more screen time, but the lack of one for Omega makes that a little less likely.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Oh, so there isn't any news on an Omega Supreme figure? Darn...

I want to see Wasp pop up a LOT more in S3. They set up his arc so well and then...nothing.

Where are the Decepticons left in S3? Presuming they all survived, Thundercracker and Skywarp wound up crashing into Shockwave's neck of the woods with Blurr, Megatron and Starscream's head are stuck floating in space being interrupted by announcers, while Blitzwing, Lugnut, Sunstorm, Ramjet, and FemScream are scattered around on Earth, and Scrapper and Mixmaster may or may not have survived the big base crumble. Eh, I figure that if they do all regroup in that season before Megatron inevitably comes back, FemScream will step up to take the lead.

I just reeeeeeaaaaaaally hope the Autobots remember to call Ultra Magnus and let him know about Longarm sometime in the first episode. It'll bug me FOREVER otherwise.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Cartoon children VERY rarely have both parents, especially in a happy relationship. It's a shameful cliche, really. I'm willing to bet Sari's motherhood isn't going to be mentioned at all after Isaac 'explains' himself to her, if then.

Still not hooked on Animated; I've watched every episode so far, and will continue to; it's well written, with strong characters, and humour, but... something's missing. Cohesion, maybe, more depth to the universe... True originality? Or maybe I really do dislike the animation style that much.

At least it sets an excellent precedent for future series, and it's definitely what we deserve after... well, everything since Beast Machines, cartoon-wise.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did