Animated Wheeljack and Perceptor

Some cartoon with big chins and a little girl that got beloved by fans and taken off TV to make way for a different show on another network. Yeah, that's fair.
onslaught86

Animated Wheeljack and Perceptor

Post by onslaught86 »

Derrick Wyatt, Animated's art director, has Updated His Blog with images of the models for Animated Wheeljack and Perceptor.

I dig.
Prime_Wreck
Deluxe

Re: Animated Wheeljack and Perceptor

Post by Prime_Wreck »

I can't wait to see plastic representations of these. Especially Wheeljack.
"Supersizing your Value Meal is the right of all sentient beings"

Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Wheeljack looks like he has a big bushy mad scientist mustache, which turns me off, unless it looks better in actual animation. Perceptor's Hyoog Hed annoys the crap out of me, just because I dislike the whole "Smart Guy = Big Head" archetype.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Wheeljack looks like moustacheguy from Mythbusters, and that's awesome, even if Mythbusters is overrated.
Misanthrope Prime
Dinobot

Post by Misanthrope Prime »

Myth? So busted.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Alright, so that bit hadn't occured to me. He is now awesome.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

Alternatively, he looks like Scourge, and that's even cooler.

The member, not the character.
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

The moustache isn't as obvious as on Mixmaster though, and that's a toy I REALLY want to see get made soon. Wheeljack reminds me of Animated Ratchet for some reason. And look as those belt pouches!

Perceptor leaves me ambivalent. He just doesn't ooze as much personality as I'm used to from Animated, seems a little alien and out of place. I'd prefer him to have enormous eyes rather than a slightly large head. Big eyes would imply big coke bottle glasses (trading one stereotype for another, I know) and would imply... you know, Perceiving things. C'mon team, if I can think this up you can think this up.

EDIT: At second glance, 'Ceptor's got little specs already, I didn't notice those before. Errr, need to sleep
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I rather dig Perceptor's little specs, they're neat. Remembering that Animated's character design is focused on how recognisable the characters are, especially in shape, Perceptor being the scrawny scientist with a large head works appropriately enough. Recognisable in cartoons = cliche. Heh.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Yeah, I suppose. Whatever--Animated is pretty much its own thing anyway. I'm far less worried about how they're portrayed there than they are in the Movie or Classics.