I've been away for a reason

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

I've been away for a reason

Post by JediTricks »

Sorry for the month and a half absence, gang. My maternal grandmother passed away on September 7th and dealing with the aftermath has been difficult, plus getting the memorial ready to go a month later. And then my step-father had a medical situation come up that I needed to help with which turned into emergency surgery, and it's just been really tough to get back in the swing of things since then. I had been hoping the system would email me any time there was a problem (either via posts in this section of the forums, or a PM) but it looks like that didn't pan out.

And in the middle of that, my interest in TF has waned with Hasbro's inability to put out competent product in the last few months.

Anyway, I will try to put more time into the forums, but please feel free to email me directly should you have any concerns or problems, my email is available in my profile to all registered, logged-in users.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: I've been away for a reason

Post by 138 Scourge »

JediTricks wrote: I had been hoping the system would email me any time there was a problem (either via posts in this section of the forums, or a PM) but it looks like that didn't pan out.
I don't think there was much of a problem for the thing to alert you about, anyway. A few spammers, but nothing serious.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, man. And about your stepfather, too. Hope he's doing better now.
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Just sent you an email.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

138 Scourge wrote:I don't think there was much of a problem for the thing to alert you about, anyway. A few spammers, but nothing serious.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, man. And about your stepfather, too. Hope he's doing better now.
3 spammers to get rid of, and new users who couldn't join, unfortunately. I took care of the spammers this time, but in order to avoid the roadblock problem with the joiners in the future, I may have made it easier for spammers to join. We'll see.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope your step-father's doing well after surgery.

I banned at least three spammers in recent months. I'm guessing the system notified you or there's a record of it.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

That sucks. Hard times for everybody all around, I guess.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
annhell
Ultra

Post by annhell »

Just saw this thread.
sorry to hear the news, JT. Hope things are starting to pick up a bit somehow.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

And I'm even later to the party apparently, but I will add my condolences and well wishings as well.

Fortunately this place seems to pretty much run itself most of the time.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Not long after my posts in the thread, my uncle passed away unexpectedly. It's been messing with my head, I wasn't that close with him, but it's still like 1 step beyond normal, so I've been a bit numb and checked out.

andersonh1 wrote:Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope your step-father's doing well after surgery.

I banned at least three spammers in recent months. I'm guessing the system notified you or there's a record of it.
Thanks.

He is, luckily.

There's neither, actually! How annoying.

Shockwave wrote:And I'm even later to the party apparently, but I will add my condolences and well wishings as well.

Fortunately this place seems to pretty much run itself most of the time.
Thank you.

Yes, we're very lucky in that regard, the forums are pretty much solid thanks to you guys being so dependable.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Damn, sorry to hear about your uncle too. But we, your online friends are hear for you. I know with the recent troubles that I'm going through the tfviews gang has really been there for me. It's been great to have people to talk to that understand and the support has just been great. It's one of the things that makes this site one of the most awesome little corners of the internet.