Podcast idea

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Podcast idea

Post by JediTricks »

Oh yeah, I forgot all about this, got super busy with "life". LMK what you come up with though and if there's anything I can do to help.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

We had a successful three or four hour Bullshitting Session last night, so. 86 is also interested, I spoke with him today. Once we have something stable set up (format, etc.) we'll probably make a more informed post. Right now we're just kind of winging it.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Ok, I know I'm gonna sound really ignernt with this, but... what's a podcast? And what would I need to have to be able to join?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Shockwave wrote:Ok, I know I'm gonna sound really ignernt with this, but... what's a podcast? And what would I need to have to be able to join?
A podcast is just, like, an internet radio show. The term came because people would make a "broadcast" in the form of easy-to-download MP3s (originally, I think, from iTunes) that would be easily listened to on an iPod or other MP3 player. It's pretty much expanded now to mean basically any Internet Radio Show. Which is what this would be! (For a really good example of this, whose model I'm just kind of ganking entirely, check out What's On Joe Mind which is this really good GI Joe podcast I've been listening to.)

Anyway, all you'll need is a microphone you can hook up to your computer (I think you might also be able to get an adapter to use your existing Xbox 360 headset, not sure) and Skype (which is free). We still dunno how we're gonna record it but yeah.

Hey guys: How's tonight sound? 86 doesn't have work tonight (his Tuesday morning) so he said he'd be able to get in on it too.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

There's no way I'm getting a mic in the next 24 hours, but I've got my eyes on this idea!
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well that's just fine! We're not officially starting it yet. We're just...I dunno, BSing around and stuff. Working on a format I guess is tonight's goal. And also deciding on how we're gonna record; I have Audacity but can't just record the audio out on it. I'm doing some research as we speak.

Also, I totally want to use Soundcloud for this thing, because Soundcloud is pretty awesome and also Bandcamp isn't really suited for this kind of thing.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Yeah, I'd be down. Let's see how things go with more, and more varied people. Should be inneresting.

Gomess, get Skype. Your computer has a built-in microphone, surely?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

BWprowl wrote:Your computer has a built-in microphone, surely?
I HAVE NO IDEA

You're talking to the guy who's only just got a Torrent thingy. I'll look it over tonight, but I'm not sure what I'm lookng for other than the word "mic". And presumably it'd suck in quality, so I'd end up buying an external one anyways.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Oh yeah! I forgot that many laptops these days come with mics built-in.

Usually they're in your monitor, up on top. You can pop in and see if you've got one, and if not, well go get one!

EDIT: Hey where's Dom? We talked about getting Dom up in this, didn't we? And if Sparky was at all interested, I'd love to see him in it just because he tends to have the most differing viewpoints of all of us.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Dom and Sparky need their own segment.

Also Tigmeg.