Weird "skipping" issue

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Weird "skipping" issue

Post by JediTricks »

BWprowl wrote:I hadn't experienced it much, since most of my longer posts (like my reviews) were composed in Microsoft Works ahead of time. But I do know the issue you guys are talking about, and I think I was getting a variation of it (I use Opera), where I just had to scroll manually as I typed. It wasn't a total deal-breaker, but thanks for taking care of things, JT!
I haven't tested it on Opera or the Wii (both Presto-based browsers), nor any Webkit-based browser (Safari, Google Chrome), but they shouldn't be affected by the change I made as it's an IE-specific tag (web design is plagued by the need for many IE-specific tags since their browsers are so buggy and compliancy-non-standard). I shouldn't think Opera would have a memory leak like this though, LMK if it really is happening.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I suppose I should have reported this earlier but I just thought it was limited to mine (until others reported having problems). I have IE at both work and home, at work it's not an issue, but at home it is. I have yet to type anything long enough to potentially trigger it but I look forward to not having this issue. Thanks JT!
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Shockwave wrote:I suppose I should have reported this earlier but I just thought it was limited to mine (until others reported having problems).
Same here.
I have IE at both work and home, at work it's not an issue, but at home it is.
Again, I had the same experience, which is probably why I assumed it was just some issue with my home browser.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

You guys have no excuse for using IE at home. For real.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

...I had to look up what "IE" stands for. Will that do?
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Internet Explorer.
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Oh, I got there. It took me a while, but I got there.

Sometimes I wonder if knowing more about computers would help develop my writing, but then I get lost on Wikipedia or TVTropes and give up.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Understanding the technology you are working with never hurts. And, it is definitely a better use of 'net-time than a wiki about TV.

Dom
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

(It actually covers all media forms from music and novels to TV and video games, and is an ENORMOUS bank of data on stereotypes, popular and obscure, presented in an intuitive manner. Being as my speciality is media representation, it's been a valuable resource.)
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I have looked it over, but never found it terribly useful.

Trust me, reading non-fiction in general will do much to improve your writing and reading.