moving RiD out of AEC

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Re: moving RiD out of AEC

Post by BWprowl »

I can contribute absolutely nothing at this point except for saying that I am totally down for participating in a podcast if we get one going. I'll download Skype and get a headset mic and everything. Aaaaaaaand, I can write! I can help whoever wants to churn out skeleton scripts! Or whatever! I'm enthusiastic!
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm down with Prowl coming in, too. The more people willing to join in, the more likely it is to be able to schedule something consistant. Especially if we do multiple segments or rotate people in and out as their schedules permit. The way I figure it, we should figure out some sort of format. I think some of the fun part of podcasts is going into them without completely prepared statements and playing off each other in a live environment--which, obviously, would be the big real point of doing a podcast instead of just talking on the forums. We can come up with a list of talking points we plan to hit throughout the session and go through some segments. For example, we could have a consistant segment where we discuss the IDW comics, since that's always a hot topic around here.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

And the discussions could veer wildly off-topic partway through, just like on the forums! :D
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Joking aside, the bigger the TFV press-corps is, the more likely we are to have a reporter local to an event.

I could not get into ToyFair because I (ironically) lacked press credentials.

Seriously guys, we have momentum now. Let us use it.

Dom
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Now if we'd just have one of these Transformers-related events down south, where I live. :(

Botcon 2001 was in Durham, NC, and it was one of two that I've been to. That's about as close any of these shows have ever been to my neck of the woods.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:I'm aware of that. :p But I will be in a few weeks, which is likely how long it'd take to get this off the ground and everything. Also, my mic and everything will work with Skype, so. :P
Seems like a lot of equipment for skyping, but if it sounds good...
I don't want to make this complex though to put together, that will kill any drive. Easy = likely to happen. Hard = likely to die in infancy.
If you have or just want to start producing them, post what you come up with.
I'll see what I can conjure up this week, maybe.
Cool!
I can't afford to go either. Unless that includes free plane ride down. Which I doubt it does. :P Always next year, depending.
Maybe there's a wheel-well-class ticket in it for you. ;)

BWprowl wrote:I can contribute absolutely nothing at this point except for saying that I am totally down for participating in a podcast if we get one going. I'll download Skype and get a headset mic and everything. Aaaaaaaand, I can write! I can help whoever wants to churn out skeleton scripts! Or whatever! I'm enthusiastic!
Right on.

Dominic wrote:Joking aside, the bigger the TFV press-corps is, the more likely we are to have a reporter local to an event.

I could not get into ToyFair because I (ironically) lacked press credentials.

Seriously guys, we have momentum now. Let us use it.
And you lacked press credentials only because you still haven't posted in the news despite me busting your chops over that for the last year. I could have gotten you in if I had the tools to back it up.

andersonh1 wrote:Now if we'd just have one of these Transformers-related events down south, where I live. :(

Botcon 2001 was in Durham, NC, and it was one of two that I've been to. That's about as close any of these shows have ever been to my neck of the woods.
South Carolina is just 2 states away from Florida, Botcon is in Orlando this year, only around 400 miles away (or is that "only? ;)).
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

That's a LOOOOOONG drive. Almost as far as going to Ohio to visit some of my wife's relatives. If they could just get a BIT closer it would be nice. :mrgreen:
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:Seems like a lot of equipment for skyping, but if it sounds good...
I don't want to make this complex though to put together, that will kill any drive. Easy = likely to happen. Hard = likely to die in infancy.
The only reason I mention it is because it's cost-effective. I'm not saying everybody needs a setup like mine, I just happen to already do because of my other hobby. Everyone else can have a $10 USB mic for all I care. :P
If you have or just want to start producing them, post what you come up with.
I'll see what I can conjure up this week, maybe.
Cool!
And it's Thursday. Nothing. Damn work. :P
Maybe there's a wheel-well-class ticket in it for you. ;)
On the axle of a bus, maybe. :P
andersonh1 wrote:That's a LOOOOOONG drive. Almost as far as going to Ohio to visit some of my wife's relatives. If they could just get a BIT closer it would be nice. :mrgreen:
That's nothing, man! I've ended up taking similar trips at least every six months for various conventions with friends. The key is to get people to go so you can split the cost.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.