Site front page

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Site front page

Post by JediTricks »

I know it sucks, but I hand-coded an actual front page for the website that pimps the forums. I tried to use TF colors - red, blue, purple, green - but it came off kinda meh. We'll get to something better soon enough.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Re: Site front page

Post by Onslaught Six »

I would've done a redirect.

Also, the font shows up in aqua for me, but that may be my windows settings.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

I asssume that tfviews will be the page you were talking about in email? Let me know, and I can try to recruit for content.

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I wasn't paying attention and am also lazy. What page?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

JT has been kicking around the idea of starting a page along the lines of Dave's Eyrie page abd TFU.info (albeit updated more currently than TFU). Imagine the breadth of DVD, but the depth of TFU.

Between several of us, and a few others who I have been talking to, we have intellectual capital to manage it. But, it will take time.

Dom
onslaught86

Post by onslaught86 »

I've archived my reviews going back several years, and as we've discussed, this would be a gap in the TF site spectrum. Be a fantastic resource when compiled. I did and still do use DVD's review archives for handy hints and such when buying older moulds. Especially helpful for BW and so forth.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

And, with TFU haveing folded, there is a bigger gap.

I know couple of guys who are trying (with fair success) to archive every character profile. They will likely be willing to work with us to donate content and such.

Dom
-has client, gotta go.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:And, with TFU haveing folded, there is a bigger gap.

I know couple of guys who are trying (with fair success) to archive every character profile. They will likely be willing to work with us to donate content and such.
What's the deal with TFU?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

They are back as of this week. But, I am thinking we can still go for TFU level breadth, but DvD level detail. Granted, it will take time, but, it can be done.

Dom
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:They are back as of this week. But, I am thinking we can still go for TFU level breadth, but DvD level detail. Granted, it will take time, but, it can be done.

Dom
That's quite the challenge, I will definitely need to look into what all we'll need to make this work. I actually may have a system I can adapt to our uses, but it's not free and it'll require about a week of work time for me, so I have to dream it all up.