Submit news

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Submit news

Post by Dominic »

The news helps the forums though. Besides bringing readers to the page, it also helps us get the Q&A from Hasbro.

Dom
-similarly busy.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I'm not saying JT should get rid of the news or that I won't occasionally say "Here, put this on it," but that's not why I come here, I've got other sites for that. Eh.

*goes back to playing Shadowman*
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

So, are you saying that you see a page like, say...."All Spark", as a place for news, but TF Views as a place for discussion?

I am not mad. I just want clarification.

Dom
-trying to play to our strengths.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Well, 'I' do but that's because I'm just using TFViews to do my bidding according to what I've been used to for 'years.' I mean, this 'did' come from BWTF.com, where I went for Ben's Reviews. He was always too busy to be on the up-and-up about actual news items, so I started going elsewhere for that coverage.

For what it's worth, this and ATT are the only TF forums I actually post at. I believe I have an account at TFW and at AllSpark in case I ever need to post argumentative crap, though.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Before we go any further, I want to make one thing perfectly clear.

As a moderator, I fully appreciate the membership we have here. I am sure I speak for JT and Onslaught86 when I say how good it is to be at a forum where we do not have the conflicts and sniping common at other forums. And, seeing people who appreciate the forums, (as evidenced by their posts), is rewarding. (And, it is obvious that O6 here appreciates it, as his post count rivals, and is likely to soon exceed, my own.)

The thing is, I know JT is really hoping for this page to be more expansive. Part of that is gathering the news that we often discuss. Having news on the front page not only brings in new readers, and possibly members, but it adds gravitas to the page, and hopefully encourages Hasbro to take us more seriously 'round "Q&A" time.

Believe me, all of us know how time consuming news gathering is. (Remember, I used to be a reporter. One of my editors used to explicitly restrict certain types of newsgathering as the effort was better expended on other operational details. If anybody wants to step up and become a "reporter" or "data-miner", we would appreciate it. Most of us have been together in one way or another for several years now. (I have known a few of you for about 5 years.) And, our newer members seem to settle in quite comfortably. (Just because you did not start at BWTF, there is no need to be shy.)

In other words, there is nothing wrong with using this place as a sort of "bar-room" where you talk about the hobby. But, we are not against expanding things to include more comprehensive news and archiving.

Dom
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Preview of movie Soundwave at TFW2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... igure.html
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I didn't mean to imply that I don't 'want' TFV to expand past being Just A Forum. I'm more saying that, well, if we never do, then I'm cool. I 'do' agree that having the news page and such helps bring in new people, so hey.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

We just do not want the members here to think that a lack of activity in a section, (in this case, news), is a sign we do not care. We want to see the news section, (for starters), expand, and would welcome any help.

Dom
-notes that if O6 takes the job, his post-count will stay in the second place. ;)
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Hey, I can link to TFW all day long. >.>
donosaur
Gestalt Combiner

Post by donosaur »

Kind of not news, but maybe people want to know? Neil Kaplan (RID Optimus) was interviewed by the Art and Story Podcast. Those guys talk about Beast wars and Animated all the time, and Kaplan talks mostly about non TF related stuff. I do recommend that podcast for anyone interted in the making of comics though, and plus if you watch the video they embedded on that page you get to see a Heinrad alarm clock :D Never noticed that before.

ADDENDUM: Neil Kaplan is bat-tard crazy
.................................................................................................................................................................... _,_,_..
...................................................................................................................................................................(..vvvvv
..................................................................................................................................................................(..../"/"
.........................................................................................................................................................(\.....(.....) )
......................................................................................................................................................... \ \../../hh hh