comics thread question

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Dominic
Supreme-Class

comics thread question

Post by Dominic »

Given that our comics threads tend to balloon up, has anybody considered just having a weekly comics thread? Would that be easier to read/navigate (both for us and new readers).

Instead of "comics are awesome III" (50 posts since starting last month), we could have "comics thread for week of 10/2/13" or something similar. In theory, this might make the comics discussion easier to navigate.

Thoughts?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: comics thread question

Post by JediTricks »

Dominic wrote:Given that our comics threads tend to balloon up, has anybody considered just having a weekly comics thread? Would that be easier to read/navigate (both for us and new readers).

Instead of "comics are awesome III" (50 posts since starting last month), we could have "comics thread for week of 10/2/13" or something similar. In theory, this might make the comics discussion easier to navigate.

Thoughts?
It's better for getting readers from search engine results if we stick with less threads that are more continuous. Also, I find that topics tend to ebb and flow from week to week in the thread, so while talking about new comics on a weekly basis would work the way you suggest, the longer-game conversations would get lost.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Or maybe start dividing them by title/company?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:Or maybe start dividing them by title/company?
I don't think that's really going to help encourage discussion much at all. Are you guys finding it difficult to use the existing threads? Or are we just having a solution in search of a problem?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

I don't think any of us are having problems with the current thread. At least I'm not. Occasionally the discussion gets away from me, but since I don't really read non TF comics, it's kind of a moot point anyway.