Did the "EDIT" Button in replies get taken away?

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

It appears,I only now see the "Edit" button when I create threads. I can edit my threads but I can't edit any of my replies in my threads or others threads.

AFTER SOME RESEARCH HERE,IT APPEARS THE "EDIT" BUTTON FOR REPLIES ONLY APPEARS FOR THREADS I CREATE & RESPOND TO. THEIR IS NO "EDIT" BUTTON VISIBLE FOR THREADS THAT OTHERS CREATE & I REPLY TO.

AFTER SOME MORE RESEARCH HERE,IT APPEARS THE "EDIT" button was available "for me" when I replied to threads others created. Now recently/a day or two ago,The Edit button in replies that others create threads is no longer available to me. WAS THE EDIT BUTTON TAKEN AWAY FROM ME when I reply to threads others create here? Is this a glitch/rework in the forums new software?

I could of sword,I was able before to edit my replies in my threads & others threads. Did this "Edit" button in replies get taken away recently? Did I do something wrong that gave me restrictions on my account here? Is everyone experiencing this EDIT problem here?

Do I need to re-download my adobes to fix the problem on my computer?

Do certain members here have the ability to take away the EDIT button when they create threads here. So everyone who replies in their threads can't use the EDIT button for their replies?

Jedi & andersonh1 can you please delete a few of my replies in this thread,I was trying to edit stuff in my replies by it wound up producing more replies. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1459
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: Did the "EDIT" Button in replies get taken away?

Post by Tigermegatron »

UPDATE: ODD after more research/test here. I replied to the "FANFIC" thread,I see the EDIT button visble in my reply. I can edit my replies in that FANFIC thread if I want to fix errors or to add/delete info.

ODD that their is no EDIT button visible in my replies in that Thread that 06 created with the subject called "Possible Sandstorm hookup" & another thread 06 created called "Trying to complete RID" viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1278 & viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1459 DID O6 take away the EDIT button in his thread to prevent others from editing their replies? I just don't get why the edit button isn't visible in 06's Two recent thread he created but it's visible everywhere else in other threads others create.

FURTHER UPDATE: After more research & remembering some rules from other TF moderated Forums. It appears that the reason their is no EDIT button in the two 06 threads is because these threads are in the "trading/buying section.

most trading/buying sections on various moderated TF forums,TAKE AWAY THE EDIT BUTTON IN REPLIES,to prevent members from altering deals set in place within the threads. PROBLEM SOLVED :)
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

You're correct, it's just the buying/trading forum. I suggested to JT once to allow editing as that would make sales threads easier to manage but was shot down. The idea is that if a deal is agreed to and something goes wrong, the threads will show evidence of what was originally agreed to.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Have had this in "The Basics" thread pinned to the top of the trading/buying section for 5 years now: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=124
In order to ensure that nobody changes their deal in the middle of a deal,
no post editing will be allowed, so please use the "Preview" button to ensure that your post is exactly the way you want it to be.
That size and bolding is in the original message as well. Site policy for five years now.

As for managing, users are also allowed to close their own threads (also mentioned in the trading/buying basics post), and you can just close a thread and start a new one, I'd prefer that over editing when it's your own thread, that way there can be no question as to what's gone on.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?