Please let me know if you post from this area

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Please let me know if you post from this area

Post by JediTricks »

EDIT: Ok, never mind, false alarm, all the users are accounted for and the high use IP addresses I have are cleared.

---

I'm looking into banning a specific IP range, but I want to make sure I'm not cutting any of our known users off first. For example, the 3rd most used IP coming to our site happens to be in Shockwave's IP range, obviously I wouldn't want to ban that address or range (it calls far less data than the top 2 addresses, but could be an issue) because it could stop his access to the site.

So, I need to know if anybody is posting from or through Gaffney, South Carolina, or Charter Communications, or Mars Hill College.

If you don't feel comfortable posting publicly, please PM me or email me.

Thanks.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Re: IMPORTANT: Please let me know if you post from this area

Post by Shockwave »

I'm not in that area, I'm upstate from you in Sacramento. Also, I appreciate not banning my IP range. :P

The fact that my IP range is the highest traffic coming in probably has to do with the fact that I check the forums at work. Constantly. Seriously, I should actually get some work done :?
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

I do the same thing. I should probably cut that out!

JT, check your inbox.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Shockwave wrote:I'm not in that area, I'm upstate from you in Sacramento. Also, I appreciate not banning my IP range. :P

The fact that my IP range is the highest traffic coming in probably has to do with the fact that I check the forums at work. Constantly. Seriously, I should actually get some work done :?
You're welcome. ;)

I figured it was you, if your work has a static IP address that'd explain why it comes in so high. At least you're enjoying the site. It's not a problem.

andersonh1 wrote:I do the same thing. I should probably cut that out!

JT, check your inbox.
No need to cut it out unless you're getting in trouble ;) , it's not an abnormal draw on the system, just trying to see if a specific IP address is trying to act nefariously.

I will check my inbox, thanks.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?