TFVIEWS Posting time is off by One hour.

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

My guess is the servers lack the software to update to the correct time automatically whenever a day lights saving time gets taken ahead or back one hour. My guess is this needs to be done manually by the owner of the site.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: TFVIEWS Posting time is off by One hour.

Post by JediTricks »

Tigermegatron wrote:TFVIEWS Posting time is off by One hour.

My guess is the servers lack the software to update to the correct time automatically whenever a day lights saving time gets taken ahead or back one hour. My guess is this needs to be done manually by the owner of the site.
Servers don't change times, they all run off of UTC - coordinated universal time. Only the forums software adjusts and that's based on the base time I set and then the user's set time preference, and THAT is based on your settings in the user control panel under Board Preferences > Edit Global Settings > Summer Time/DST is in effect: Yes/No
(select "yes").
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: TFVIEWS Posting time is off by One hour.

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:TFVIEWS Posting time is off by One hour.

Servers don't change times, they all run off of UTC - coordinated universal time. Only the forums software adjusts and that's based on the base time I set and then the user's set time preference, and THAT is based on your settings in the user control panel under Board Preferences > Edit Global Settings > Summer Time/DST is in effect: Yes/No
(select "yes").
Thanks for the info,I clicked "yes" & now i've got the right time.