Timeout.

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Timeout.

Post by Onslaught Six »

Had a timeout at 5:52 EST today. No idea if it was just a glitch or something bigger. I refreshed and it worked.
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Re: Timeout.

Post by Dominic »

Did you send a message to JT directly?

Dom
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

I did not. I figured it was probably a computer hiccup, or it could've been a problem on my end. It only lasted for one visit, like I said--a refresh fixed it--so I figured it was trivial. I only posted in case this becomes a big thing, and I figured he'd probably see this post anyway--are there any of us who *don't* read the entire forum the whole way through?
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

True. But, as we get more threads and topics, I find myself skimming a bit more.

I will keep an eye out.

Dom
-notes we have off forum communication as well should thing go far awry.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

This is the perfect place to report stuff like this. When it's more serious or happening more often, email is preferred.

Anyway, I'm looking through the stats and not seeing anything unusual, but sometimes stuff happens. How long was it out for?

Please post if it keeps happening.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Literally like a minute, just before I posted the original post. All I did was visit, got a timeout, refreshed, and it was fine. Like I said, temporary glitch, probably, but I figured it was better safe than sorry, yeah?
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Onslaught Six wrote:Literally like a minute, just before I posted the original post. All I did was visit, got a timeout, refreshed, and it was fine. Like I said, temporary glitch, probably, but I figured it was better safe than sorry, yeah?
Ok, good to hear. Thanks for letting me know, and be sure to LMK again if it reoccurs.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Whole site was down around 12:30 PM Eastern today. It's 1 now, and I didn't check in the interim, so I dunno how long it lasted.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Thanks for letting me know. It looks like the host had to turn off the mysql databases that run the news and forums for about 20 mins of maintenance.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

It wouldn't let me on the site anywhere for about a half hour today, somewhere between 9 and 10 AM EST.