Fancy colors

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
JediTricks
Site Admin

Re: Fancy colors

Post by JediTricks »

sparky wrote:Looks like it's just an issue with the Maximal group. It let's me freely join the other groups. Anyway, thanks for the approval!
Yeah, it does look that way. I checked the settings, they are identical to your other group, so I have NO clue why it wouldn't let you in. But at least you are now part of the winning crowd. :mrgreen:
138 Scourge wrote:
JediTricks wrote:]That's weird, I see you in the queue
Or perhaps in the Q?
Like the Q continuum?
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Or the Que (Cue) Queue Continuum *watches Gomess' head explode*

Y'know the forums really are a lot more colorful after this thread.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Shockwave wrote:Y'know the forums really are a lot more colorful after this thread.
I was just appreciating that.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I kept meaning to find or make a different color scheme, but A) didn't; and B) folks started saying they liked the light page colors we had here opposed to most TF sites which are dark.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Shockwave wrote:Or the Que (Cue) Queue Continuum *watches Gomess' head explode*

Y'know the forums really are a lot more colorful after this thread.
My only complaint is that I keep confusing you for Scourge in the 'last post' box! Not your fault, but it keeps tripping me up! :P
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

Oh I dunno, I am the one who changed my group to "Decepticons" effectively changing the color to match Scourge's so it is kinda my fault. :P

And I just noticed that my Av is an image from the cartoon so that probably doesn't help either.
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Post by 138 Scourge »

Shockwave wrote:Oh I dunno, I am the one who changed my group to "Decepticons" effectively changing the color to match Scourge's so it is kinda my fault. :P

And I just noticed that my Av is an image from the cartoon so that probably doesn't help either.
Well, hell, with a handle like "Shockwave", what other group were you gonna join, right?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

JediTricks wrote:I kept meaning to find or make a different color scheme, but A) didn't; and B) folks started saying they liked the light page colors we had here opposed to most TF sites which are dark.
I could see maybe altering parts here and there to kind of alter the mood. (I wouldn't be opposed to a muted green colour scheme; pretty much what we already have, just green instead.) But I do definitely like that it's brighter and easy on the eyes. Also makes it non-assuming when I browse at work. The (relative) lack of tasteless half-naked chicks in signature pictures also helps that. (And Prowl, I don't fault you one bit. That's your gimmick now. My ridiculous sig probably attracts just as much attention.)
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Ursus mellifera
Supreme-Class

Post by Ursus mellifera »

Onslaught Six wrote:My ridiculous sig probably attracts just as much attention.)
I can confirm this.
Check it out, a honey bear! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

I originally asked you guys for feedback when we were starting up and had more free time, but didn't get much input. Now I don't have time to do anything like that. So, you guys can look through the various pre-built styles that we can use that might look nice and advise me what might work for us better:
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style_id=1