Are nick changes possible?

Comments, suggestions, problems, other board business, bring it here and drop us some knowledge
esrz22
Protoform

Are nick changes possible?

Post by esrz22 »

So, I've not been around for ages, but I know a chunk of you guys from way back at BWTF, I think. I've updated my nick to Esser-Z almost everywhere. Is it possible to get a display name change here?
--Esser-Z
138 Scourge
Supreme-Class

Re: Are nick changes possible?

Post by 138 Scourge »

Hey, esrz! Or, I guess, Esser-Z. Been a while, man, good to see you!

If I remember right, you can get your name changed, but you pretty much gotta wait until JediTricks comes around to change it. So it oughtta get done before too long.

How you been, man?
Dominic wrote: too many people likely would have enjoyed it as....well a house-elf gang-bang.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Yeah, hey, just about flipped when I saw you were here again! Welcome back, what'cha been up to?

I think the rule is, JT'll change it for you, but you only get one change, ever.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

Mostly because we're not going to sit around changing people's usernames every two weeks. That'd be dumb, and people who are that schizophrenic about their online identity need to sort out their other problems first...

(As an aside: Totally my doing that I reminded him this place exists. Saw that he posted something on AllSpark, and I was all, "Haha, fuck Allspark, come to TFViews.")
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Dominic
Supreme-Class

Post by Dominic »

Dude, E22? Well, soon to be EZ? Either way, welcome back.

Dom
-many threads to catch up on...
Shockwave
Supreme-Class

Post by Shockwave »

BWprowl wrote:I think the rule is, JT'll change it for you, but you only get one change, ever.
Indeed. At least that's what I was told when I had it changed from Transtrekkie to Shockwave. And of course, we do reserve the right to still referrence the previous username.

And welcome back to the forums! It's always nice to see more active posters on here.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

Yeah, 1 per customer, so you gotta be sure since I have to do it by hand.

Not sure why this didn't email me when the thread got created, or I would have been here sooner.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Gomess
Supreme-Class

Post by Gomess »

Finally, you'll have a screenname I can pronounce in my head!

These things are important to me.
COME TO TFVIEWS oh you already did
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

On the web, I've gotten used to just kinda fudging anything unpronounceable, except XKCD which I just spell. A few times in online gaming though I'll come across some smart-ass who thinks his name is so precious and I'm trying to give or get intel over the chat calling out random stuff.

BTW, the reason I won't change it without confirmation is because you might not be able to log in automatically using the old username.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?