TF Prime episodes

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Prime episodes

Post by Sparky Prime »

Almighty Unicron wrote:Thundertron was supposed to be a major part of the Chinese-only MMO that got quietly canceled and shoved under the rug a few years back for some reason. It's odd that his toy was released in western markets at all IMO.
That's interesting. I hadn't heard he was supposed to be in an MMO before. Strange how much attention they gave the character. Guess someone at Hasbro just really liked the idea.
Onslaught Six
Supreme-Class

Post by Onslaught Six »

So much of the entire Prime/Aligned "universe" is filled to the brim with unfinished and abandoned concepts and ideas, and I largely suspect that it's going to end up another failed experiment, much like Hasbro claiming Unicron, Primus, The Fallen and others were "multiversal singularities" and that TF was a "multiverse" where "everything counted, somewhere."

I mean, they haven't really said anything to contradict, well, any of that, but they also haven't brought it up again in years, and the guys who said most of that stuff no longer work for the company, so...

Plus, Archer and Andy Schmidt and a bunch of the guys who worked on the "aligned" continuity are now gone from Hasbro, so I suspect we'll return to a mishmash of random bullshit like we got from 2002-2009...
BWprowl wrote:The internet having this many different words to describe nerdy folks is akin to the whole eskimos/ice situation, I would presume.
People spend so much time worrying about whether a figure is "mint" or not that they never stop to consider other flavours.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Onslaught Six wrote: and the guys who said most of that stuff no longer work for the company, so...
Plus, Archer and Andy Schmidt and a bunch of the guys who worked on the "aligned" continuity are now gone from Hasbro, so I suspect we'll return to a mishmash of random bullshit like we got from 2002-2009...
Looking back at the past few years worth of lack luster/bad sales TF toy lines from 2011 thru 2013 gives the answer why these guys got fired.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Tigermegatron wrote:
Onslaught Six wrote: and the guys who said most of that stuff no longer work for the company, so...
Looking back at the past few years worth of lack luster/bad sales TF toy lines from 2011 thru 2013 gives the answer why these guys got fired.
As opposed to "there's no movie"?
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Onslaught Six wrote:and I largely suspect that it's going to end up another failed experiment, much like Hasbro claiming Unicron, Primus, The Fallen and others were "multiversal singularities" and that TF was a "multiverse" where "everything counted, somewhere."

I mean, they haven't really said anything to contradict, well, any of that, but they also haven't brought it up again in years, and the guys who said most of that stuff no longer work for the company, so...
I think you're being premature to call that a failed experiment. Just because Hasbro hasn't mentioned the "multiversal singularities" concept in a few years doesn't mean they've abandoned it. They have continued, extremely slowly, to develop the concepts and mythology surrounding the original 13 after all. Quite a bit of which we've seen introduced with the Aligned continuity. And don't forget there is that Covenant of Primus book due out later this year that promises to finally go more in-depth about them.
Tigermegatron wrote:Looking back at the past few years worth of lack luster/bad sales TF toy lines from 2011 thru 2013 gives the answer why these guys got fired.
It's my understanding that Hasbro had to lay off a lot of people company wide because of the economy in general. And Aaron Archer I've seen (mentioned by people at TFW2005 that apparently know the whole story) wasn't fired, but decided to leave Hasbro for other reasons. The guy had been with Transformers since Beast Wars and was responsible for a lot of the franchises success.
JediTricks
Site Admin

Post by JediTricks »

The finale existed, everybody did a thing, not really all that clever or detailed, not a lot of character follow-through, they all just do their thing and then don't matter, it was all quite easy. And Megatron being fooled by the deus ex machina of "goop that fixes Bumblebee for no reason" cybermatter allowing him to get distracted and killed was flat. It was fine for TFP because TFP really didn't deliver much, but it was dumb and predictable and didn't make much sense, and the big payoffs felt underwhelming.
BWprowl wrote:
JediTricks wrote:The violence is disgustingly high, and then the thinking is disgustingly low. So you have violence appropriate for a mid-teen audience at youngest, and writing that would enrage a 9-year-old. Who is this show for?
You might recall that I asked almost this exact question regarding those disparate elements waaaaaay back when I was still watching the early episodes of Season 1.
Sure, and I was with you on it, but it's just so much back in our faces again.
Mako Crab wrote:Yep. I called it. Predaking turned on Megatron. Just like Dinobot 2 in BW. ;)
He had better reason than Dinobot 2 though.
Almighty Unicron wrote:Thundertron was supposed to be a major part of the Chinese-only MMO that got quietly canceled and shoved under the rug a few years back for some reason. It's odd that his toy was released in western markets at all IMO.
Transformers Online, it actually came out last year and was abandoned 9 months later. They were using Thundertron because of a push from the novels, not the novels using him because of the game, so it makes a little sense that we got a toy from that same push.
Sparky wrote:That's interesting. I hadn't heard he was supposed to be in an MMO before. Strange how much attention they gave the character. Guess someone at Hasbro just really liked the idea.
And why not? It's a 3rd faction, it's difficult to predict, seems like a good way to push more product. I'm surprised how they backed off so quickly, I guess they were hoping the novel and/or the game would have more legs with the fans than it did.
O6 wrote:Plus, Archer and Andy Schmidt and a bunch of the guys who worked on the "aligned" continuity are now gone from Hasbro, so I suspect we'll return to a mishmash of random bullshit like we got from 2002-2009...
That would be the mishmash of random bullshit that Archer helmed in the first place.
TM wrote:Looking back at the past few years worth of lack luster/bad sales TF toy lines from 2011 thru 2013 gives the answer why these guys got fired.
We don't know they got fired at all. Always talking out your ass with rumors and guesses.
AU wrote:
Well, except for the 2011 movie, so no, that doesn't really fit. :p BTW, your MMPR Carlton Banks avatar is cracking me up.
Sparky wrote:It's my understanding that Hasbro had to lay off a lot of people company wide because of the economy in general. And Aaron Archer I've seen (mentioned by people at TFW2005 that apparently know the whole story) wasn't fired, but decided to leave Hasbro for other reasons. The guy had been with Transformers since Beast Wars and was responsible for a lot of the franchises success.
The layoffs were understandable, Hasbro had promoted too many key people into VP positions that were about branding more than toys, and the branding doesn't need that many high-paid execs. As for Archer, it doesn't surprise me that he left, his passion was elsewhere for a while.
See, that one's a camcorder, that one's a camera, that one's a phone, and they're doing "Speak no evil, See no evil, Hear no evil", get it?
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

JediTricks wrote:The finale existed, everybody did a thing, not really all that clever or detailed, not a lot of character follow-through, they all just do their thing and then don't matter, it was all quite easy. And Megatron being fooled by the deus ex machina of "goop that fixes Bumblebee for no reason" cybermatter allowing him to get distracted and killed was flat. It was fine for TFP because TFP really didn't deliver much, but it was dumb and predictable and didn't make much sense, and the big payoffs felt underwhelming.
BWprowl wrote:
JediTricks wrote:The violence is disgustingly high, and then the thinking is disgustingly low. So you have violence appropriate for a mid-teen audience at youngest, and writing that would enrage a 9-year-old. Who is this show for?
You might recall that I asked almost this exact question regarding those disparate elements waaaaaay back when I was still watching the early episodes of Season 1.
Sure, and I was with you on it, but it's just so much back in our faces again.
Mako Crab wrote:Yep. I called it. Predaking turned on Megatron. Just like Dinobot 2 in BW. ;)
He had better reason than Dinobot 2 though.
Transformers Online, it actually came out last year and was abandoned 9 months later. They were using Thundertron because of a push from the novels, not the novels using him because of the game, so it makes a little sense that we got a toy from that same push.
Sparky wrote:That's interesting. I hadn't heard he was supposed to be in an MMO before. Strange how much attention they gave the character. Guess someone at Hasbro just really liked the idea.
And why not? It's a 3rd faction, it's difficult to predict, seems like a good way to push more product. I'm surprised how they backed off so quickly, I guess they were hoping the novel and/or the game would have more legs with the fans than it did.
O6 wrote:Plus, Archer and Andy Schmidt and a bunch of the guys who worked on the "aligned" continuity are now gone from Hasbro, so I suspect we'll return to a mishmash of random bullshit like we got from 2002-2009...
That would be the mishmash of random bullshit that Archer helmed in the first place.
TM wrote:Looking back at the past few years worth of lack luster/bad sales TF toy lines from 2011 thru 2013 gives the answer why these guys got fired.
We don't know they got fired at all. Always talking out your ass with rumors and guesses.
AU wrote:
Well, except for the 2011 movie, so no, that doesn't really fit. :p BTW, your MMPR Carlton Banks avatar is cracking me up.
Sparky wrote:It's my understanding that Hasbro had to lay off a lot of people company wide because of the economy in general. And Aaron Archer I've seen (mentioned by people at TFW2005 that apparently know the whole story) wasn't fired, but decided to leave Hasbro for other reasons. The guy had been with Transformers since Beast Wars and was responsible for a lot of the franchises success.
The layoffs were understandable, Hasbro had promoted too many key people into VP positions that were about branding more than toys, and the branding doesn't need that many high-paid execs. As for Archer, it doesn't surprise me that he left, his passion was elsewhere for a while.
Personally,I also,Didn't like it when Bumblebee was the one to kill megatron. This I felt needed to be done by Optimus Prime not Bumblebee.

I think stuff wrapped up in a non-Significant way because the writers were trying to cleverly seed some plots for that 90 minute BH movie.
Spoiler
Having Megatron & that blood of Unicron Sword fall to the earth was done,so unicron could make his return & possess the body of megatron for that 90 minute BH movie. no doubt shockwave & starscream escaping in that escape pod was done,so they could both start some trouble in that 90 minute BH movie. Predaking shown alive & flying at the end was done to give him some story/plot in that BH movie. No doubt ratchet staying behind on the earth was done,so he could alert the autobots of the danger that's happening in the BH movie.
It seems like that BH movie is happening because the CGI wasn't done yet for the other Predacons for season 3.
Spoiler
I think a lot of epic moments will happen in that BH movie. Optimus will clearly get his hero saving others moment when he fights Unicron in a epic/cosmic no holds barred intense fight. some of the Decepticons will get jailed or killed. Smokescreen will get his leader potential moment he's been waiting for. the three kids & adults will get a better closure moment. The wreckers will get their intense fights

Spoiler
Sadly that Takara Go cartoon episode gave a major spoiler about Optimus being alive & giving orders to some of The GO combiners,So Optimus isn't going to die/sacrifice himself in order to save others/something at the end of that BH movie
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Jeditricks wrote:And why not? It's a 3rd faction, it's difficult to predict, seems like a good way to push more product. I'm surprised how they backed off so quickly, I guess they were hoping the novel and/or the game would have more legs with the fans than it did.
I was talking about Thundertron specifically, but in terms of having a 3rd faction I'd agree is an interesting idea. Trouble is, Hasbro's never really followed through with the concept of having a 3rd faction. Any characters they've had that haven't identified as either Autobot or Decepticon still has an allegiance with one or the other making them effectively a part of that faction. Even Thundertron, I get the impression is characterized more along the lines of a Decepticon.
As for Archer, it doesn't surprise me that he left, his passion was elsewhere for a while.
The impression I've gotten is that he left in order to protect others jobs...
Tigermegatron wrote:
Spoiler
Sadly that Takara Go cartoon episode gave a major spoiler about Optimus being alive & giving orders to some of The GO combiners,So Optimus isn't going to die/sacrifice himself in order to save others/something at the end of that BH movie
I wouldn't exactly take what happens in Transformers GO! as an indication of what will or wont happen in the Predacons Rising movie, it's pretty much its own thing Takara has tied onto the Prime storyline. Besides, all Transformers GO! has shown of Optimus was that he was monitoring Earth. It doesn't indicate when that scene takes place in relation to Transformers Prime. Not that I think anything like that will happen to Optimus... But that doesn't mean GO! is actually spoiling anything.
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

Finished watching season 3 today, with only the Predacons Rising movie still to go. I have to say, I've really enjoyed Prime. I'm sorry it's done.

My four year old insisted that we'd see Megatron again next episode. I told her "there isn't a next episode, this is the last one." "Oh." She knows how these things usually work! :lol:
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

andersonh1 wrote:Finished watching season 3 today, with only the Predacons Rising movie still to go. I have to say, I've really enjoyed Prime. I'm sorry it's done.

My four year old insisted that we'd see Megatron again next episode. I told her "there isn't a next episode, this is the last one." "Oh." She knows how these things usually work! :lol:
Spoiler
If you liked the heavy metal rock type music in the 1986 TF Movie. Your gonna love this BH Movie,it's packed with cool music