TF Prime episodes

No noses? No problem! Zombiebots? Sure, why not. A confusing new canon that allows loose and contradictory material? And now a new sequel show with an entirely different art style that takes place way in the future!
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Re: TF Prime episodes

Post by Tigermegatron »

Other than perfecting the Synthetic Energon formula, Not a lot happened in this episode. tons of time was wasted in cat & mouse aerial fighting chases. Seems like the bulk of the finale will happen in the last episode. no doubt the last episode will have a insane amount of un-blanced fast paced action from start to finish.
Spoiler
Predaking falling towards the earth,was no doubt done,to set up his role in the BH 90 minute movie
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Yep. I called it. Predaking turned on Megatron. Just like Dinobot 2 in BW. ;)
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Deadlock
So this is it. The final episode of the series. The ultimate showdown between Autobots and Decepticons in order either to protect the Earth or Cyberform it.

The Autobot stealth team heads for the Omega Lock control room while the Wreckers head for the warship's bridge. Interestingly, Optimus seems to have changed his mind about the Decepticon built Omega Lock in telling Arcee he doesn't intend to destroy it this time and loose another opportunity to save Cybertron, despite only 2 or 3 episodes ago trying to prevent the Decepticons from building it in the first place. Smokescreen decides to go after the Starsaber Sword which is still in the Decepticon's vault. It's only fitting to counter Megatron, who is back to using his Dark Energon sword in this battle. Meanwhile, Soundwave protects the bridge by sending the Wreckers through a groundbridge... to another part of the ship where an ambush is waiting for them. Why wouldn't Soundwave send them somewhere off the ship? Like, say, to the moon of Cybertron he sent Airachnid and the Insecticons to a few episodes ago? At any rate, this gives Jack an idea.

Jack and Miko (using the Apex armor) bridge onto the warship's bridge, and Soundwave tries the same trick again. Jack signals Raf to open another groundbridge portal, and as the two portals react to one another, it traps Soundwave in the Shadow Zone. Meanwhile, the stealth team is trying to get the Starsaber to Optimus, but Bumblebee takes a couple direct hits in the chest from Megatron and he falls into the Omega Lock's cybermatter. Megatron gets the upper-hand on Optimus thanks to his sword, but as he moves in for the death blow, a new voice shouts "Megatron" and kills Megatron with the Starsaber. Turns out the cybermatter can fix anything, as not only is Bumblebee's chest repaired, but so is his voicebox.

Starscream seems a bit out of character here. Rather than his usual cowardly, power grabbing reaction, Starscream actually wants to avenge Megatron's death. It's Shockwave that has to drag him away calling for cliche fallen leader full retreat, even though the Decepticons seemed to manage with out him in the first season. With the Autobots now in possession of the Decepticon Warship and the Omega Lock, they take it to Cybertron. Starscream and Shockwave share the last escape pod, and Knock Out says he's joining the winning side, just to be punched by Miko. There's no sign of the remaining Vehicon crew anywhere. The Autobots shoot the cybermatter directly into Cybertron's core via the Well of Allsparks, revitalizing the planet. Predaking, who has been hanging onto the back of the ship the entire time, flies down to the surface of the restored Cybertron.

The Autobots return to Earth to drop off and say their goodbye's to the humans, having a lot of rebuilding on Cybertron to do. Bumblebee points out if they need to defend the Earth from the remaining Cons, they're just a spacebridge away. Ironically, Ratchet decides to stay on Earth where he says he feels he's needed the most, despite having been the most vocal and valuable parts among the Autobots in trying to rebuild their homeworld. The rest of the Autobots say their final goodbye's and then leave for Cybertron.

Overall, I'd say this was a decent finale, certainly an improvement over the last couple episodes, but it still had faults that I think could have been handled better. I did like the twist of Bumblebee being the one to take down Megatron instead of Optimus like you'd expect to happen. For the season subtitled Beast Hunters though, it was disappointingly lacking. Predaking hardly even got any screen time in this episode. Of course this isn't quite the end of Prime. We still have the 'Rise of the Predacons' movie to wrap up the remaining loose ends as well.
Tigermegatron
Supreme-Class

Post by Tigermegatron »

Highlights review:
Spoiler
It was a awesome episode,It was fast paced from start to finish like I speculated. this needed to be done in at least Two episodes not one.

Somehow having bumblebee kill megatron just seemed wrong,as that was optimus's role/job. This was done because Hasbro is Bumblebee OCD & thinks everyone else is too.

Having the kids help out was expected in the finale as this has a high ratio of happening in various TF cartoons series

Ratchet choosing to stay behind on the earth with the humans was unexpected As I thought he didn't like them that much & loved being on a restored Cybertron more. In the end this made sense as only he could help the humans by sharing his cybertron tech & know how. this also felt like it was done to set up stuff for the 90 minute movie.

the Three autobots guardians saying good bye to the three kids felt forced & could have been done better. arcee's & jack's good bye was the worst of the lot.

taking over the Decepticon Ship was cool to see. it now means the autobots have ship in the future if they need it,Sadly it appeared they abandoned it on Cybertron before the episode ended. As the autobots used the Space bridge on earth to return back to Cybertron at the end of the finale.

That Optimus & Megatron fight seemed Wrong,As Optimus was way too strong in his newer upgraded body. both of them should of been equal in stenght/power.

Shockwave caring about Starscream to save him didn't make sense as he hated the guy,that scene felt wrong. it obviously was their to set up for the 90 minute movie.

Having the blood of unicron sword & megatron fall to the earth was done to set up for the 90 minute movie where unicron takes over megatron's dead body & uses it to become the main villian in the 90 minute movie.

i'm pumped up for the 90 minute movie,I have a feeling it's gonna be epic awesome from start to finish. Hopefully the ramiander of the loose plots/arcs get tied up.

This 90 minute movie is most likely happening because they had other plans for season 3 that got the AX at the very last minute. It's been widely speculated that the reasons the other Predacons were not in season 3 is because they were a last minute addition & their CGI wasn't ready for season 3.

Stuff that got the AX in season 3 was probably the following: Thundertron & his space pirates crew fighting Ultra Magnus & his wreckers crew. It's possible the GO trio of combiners were originally meant to be in TFP season 3.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

I liked it but the arc of this series reminded me of something I never liked in almost... all Transformers shows (with maybe RiD being the sole exception): I don't like it when Transformers "go cosmic". When Cybertron (and other planets) starts taking a larger and larger role in the series the whole notion of "robots in disguise" and just interacting with human civilization in general kind of metls away which is something I'm not fond of: I remember the earlier episodes of the first season where Jack and Arcee has to hide from other students at his school, and I don't think his home town appeared at all in this season.
Mako Crab
Supreme-Class

Post by Mako Crab »

Thought it was a great finale to an overall great show. :D
andersonh1

Post by andersonh1 »

So when is this coming out on DVD so I can watch it? :mrgreen:

I've been skipping this thread so I can avoid spoilers, but I'm looking forward to actually watching the episodes.
BWprowl
Supreme-Class

Post by BWprowl »

Almighty Unicron wrote:I liked it but the arc of this series reminded me of something I never liked in almost... all Transformers shows (with maybe RiD being the sole exception): I don't like it when Transformers "go cosmic". When Cybertron (and other planets) starts taking a larger and larger role in the series the whole notion of "robots in disguise" and just interacting with human civilization in general kind of metls away which is something I'm not fond of: I remember the earlier episodes of the first season where Jack and Arcee has to hide from other students at his school, and I don't think his home town appeared at all in this season.
Hey, that's something you and Gomess can agree on!
Sparky Prime
Supreme-Class

Post by Sparky Prime »

Tigermegatron wrote:Stuff that got the AX in season 3 was probably the following: Thundertron & his space pirates crew fighting Ultra Magnus & his wreckers crew. It's possible the GO trio of combiners were originally meant to be in TFP season 3.
Thundertron's storyline comes from the Exiles novel, even though he doesn't appear in the book itself. There is no indication there was ever any plans for him to appear in the Prime cartoon. And the GO combiners were never intended to be in Prime. Takara created them for their own purposes.
Almighty Unicron
Supreme-Class

Post by Almighty Unicron »

Sparky Prime wrote:
Tigermegatron wrote:Stuff that got the AX in season 3 was probably the following: Thundertron & his space pirates crew fighting Ultra Magnus & his wreckers crew. It's possible the GO trio of combiners were originally meant to be in TFP season 3.
Thundertron's storyline comes from the Exiles novel, even though he doesn't appear in the book itself. There is no indication there was ever any plans for him to appear in the Prime cartoon. And the GO combiners were never intended to be in Prime. Takara created them for their own purposes.
Thundertron was supposed to be a major part of the Chinese-only MMO that got quietly canceled and shoved under the rug a few years back for some reason. It's odd that his toy was released in western markets at all IMO.